Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Twisted Way
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Entropy Kid
Other than the entry in MitS on pg 135, are there any references or rules on the Twisted Way?
Cray74
QUOTE (Entropy Kid)
Other than the entry in MitS on pg 135,  are there any references or rules on the Twisted Way?

Yes, it's well known in San Fransisco, mostly as a tourist attraction. Though most people call it "Lombard Street" rather than "The Twisted Way."
Velocity
Okay, that was a dumb joke but I just damn near snarfed half a cup of tea through my nose. rotfl.gif
Siege
Which is doubly funny since Cray was just tea-sing you.

-Siege
sable twilight
And this is what the twisted way is all about. Adepts using puns to cause extreme pain.
Siege
Adept 1: "Do you know 'The Twisted Way'?"
Adept 2: "Isn't that the 'Twist and Shout' remake?"
Adept 3: "I dunno, but if you hum a few bars, I'll fake it."

-Siege
Drain Brain
QUOTE (Entropy Kid)
Other than the entry in MitS on pg 135, are there any references or rules on the Twisted Way?

No. And I apologise for the four stooges! They have been taking too much caffeine and not taking their pills...
Grey
Good question. As far as I know there aren't, but it would be a cool thing to do a write up on. I've used the Twisted Way a few times in games I run. The make great serial killers. When I ran Brianscan I had an entire floor that Deus was leaving to a tribe of people who had formed there. The tribe was run by a Twisted Adept who slowly turned the tribe of ex-company men into savage barbarians. The players didn't like that floor too much. vegm.gif
Stuff to add to my current Renraku Arcology: shutdown.

Brain Scan, ohhh how fun, another brain to scan.

I cross a bit between the corrupted, to me in some ways a toxic shaman is also twisted. She has a pure hate of things because of what the toxins did to her.

Ummm anyways, to me there is diffently enough information there to do a bit with.
Kanada Ten
In Threats 2, the Aleph Society section, we see a passing mention that the Society creates possible twisted followers (using Burnouts).

Remember that twisted and evil are not necessarily the same thing. Sometimes, lust and desperation lead to rape...
Grey
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
Remember that twisted and evil are not necessarily the same thing. Sometimes, lust and desperation lead to rape...

Totally. I had a Twisted One in a game once that was ugly and always rejected by girls, so he started to rape then, which lead to taking them home, raping them over and over, them dieing, and him not stopping to rape them.

It just depends on how dark you want your games to be.
Neruda's Ghost
QUOTE (Grey)
...and him not stopping to rape them.

That's kinda f***ed up, dude. No offense but that's not just dark that's sociopathic.
Grey
Well yeah. I guess I had read too much Poppy Z Brite at the time.
Namergon
There's a published adventure, Two Solitudes, in which a n adept of the Twisted Way is involved. Shreck is his name, IIRC.
snowRaven
Uep, Schrek it is - the adventure appears in the 'Shadows of the Underworld' adventure book, for those interested. Interesting fellow he thrives on the suffering of his victims so much it increases his strength... (fun geas)

And for those even further interested, he works for
[ Spoiler ]
Nath
[ Spoiler ]
Dogsoup
IIRC the book never mentioned Schrek as being a TW-adept (was MitS out by then?), he just had some funky geas. But it is obvious to anyone who reads it, that he is ork.gif.
Siege
QUOTE (Nath)
[ Spoiler ]

Kellogs...

-Siege
sable twilight
"Tucan, Son of Sam
Tucan, Son of Sam!
TUCAN, SON OF SAM!!!

snap
crackle
POP"
Fortune
Next y'all be saying that the Lucky Charms leprechaun is really a toxic shaman. biggrin.gif
sidartha
Next y'all be saying that the Lucky Charms leprechaun is really a toxic shaman. 

Nah he's an Immortal Elf. Li'l bastard has been around for years cool.gif
Fortune
That doesn't preclude him being a toxic shaman though. wink.gif
Siege
An Immortal Toxic? Erk...that's almost as bad as a Vampire Blood Mage.

-Siege
Fortune
I once used a Vampire Toxic Shaman for a long term adversary in my games. Fun for the whole family! biggrin.gif
snowRaven
QUOTE (Dogsoup)
IIRC the book never mentioned Schrek as being a TW-adept (was MitS out by then?), he just had some funky geas. But it is obvious to anyone who reads it, that he is ork.gif.

It does mention him as 'a physical adept who follows the twisted way (p.54 Awakenings)' - this was back in SR2 though, before MiTS as you said.

He's a really nasty piece of work though, for the villain in a published SR adventure.
[ Spoiler ]
Shockwave_IIc
I thought his emp sense, and strength were a touch of genius to the character. After reading it i just thought wow, how cool.

[EDIT]
Just remebered that i used a twisted Adept/ Magicians path (serial killer) in a game i was running, intended it to be just a background news event, but the adept in my group desided to try and hunt her down. Ho ho. reminds me, might actually make her stats.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012