Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Importing Cyber
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TeknoDragon
One of the nifty ideas from the D20 Future books was the option for a (meta)human to replace their legs with a mechanical centaur body. I'm wondering if anyone here would have insight on how to adapt this concept to SR4.

I'm thinking that, effectively, it would be a replacement for both legs and behave much like a walker drone? Beyond that, though, I'm clueless.
Karoline
I'd imagine that would have some rather serious consequences for one's essence.

You would after all need all the extra nerves or information transfer or whatever to handle not just two legs, but four legs and additional body size.

I imagine it would be much easier to make a drone/vehicle that one stands in that does about the same thing, as opposed to making it a full on permanent attachment.
TeknoDragon
QUOTE (Karoline @ Jan 23 2010, 08:56 PM) *
I'd imagine that would have some rather serious consequences for one's essence.

You would after all need all the extra nerves or information transfer or whatever to handle not just two legs, but four legs and additional body size.

I imagine it would be much easier to make a drone/vehicle that one stands in that does about the same thing, as opposed to making it a full on permanent attachment.

Not hugely serious essence costs, I'd think-- just 1 per leg replaced, so 2 essence give or take 'ware quality. I'm quite sure that it would indeed be best handled as a drone set up for DNI. Most of my questions revolve around cost and availability, as well as speed and capacity.
lonewolf23k
I like the idea of importing cyber out of other systems and settings. GURPS Ultra-Tech has a good deal of Brain Implants with interesting concepts. Like the Psych Implant, which stimulates areas of the brain to produce psychological reactions, such as pacifism, slavish loyalty, paranoia or phobias.
Tech_Rat
I would guess it would cost about as much as a (Cybertorso+4 cyber legs)1.25= X; X-15% for the set; Base cost dependent upon the grade. Use a comparable capacity(+50% in the new 'torso' to account for the space not used for organs in this manner), and that should come out with a not too restrictive price. I would probably boost the essence cost by 25% to account for the complexity of the entire mod, as well.

If it sounds good, use it, or mod it as you see fit.
Karoline
QUOTE (TeknoDragon @ Jan 23 2010, 09:25 PM) *
Not hugely serious essence costs, I'd think-- just 1 per leg replaced, so 2 essence give or take 'ware quality. I'm quite sure that it would indeed be best handled as a drone set up for DNI. Most of my questions revolve around cost and availability, as well as speed and capacity.

My point is that it is likely to be more than just the replacement of two legs, because you aren't just replacing them with two legs, you're replacing them with four legs and a flank.

I'd imagine there are going to be added essence costs for this sort of thing to support all the extra 'nerves' that they'll have to throw in you to be able to operate the legs properly and feel your flank or extra legs. I mean, there is likely to be some reason that legs are replaced with legs and not... say tank tracks or a motorcycle or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012