Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everyday items in 2070
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BRodda
A list of things that can be gotten from a vending machine or at you local Stuffer Shack. If anyone else has some cool little items I would love to see them.
I already stated out a vending machine here .
But here are the stats again if you don’t want to go back.
[ Spoiler ]

O2 One shot canister:
Cost:5 nuyen.gif
A one shot inhaler that helps promote clear thinking and give a natural energy boost. Also helps promote natural healing.
System: Removes 1 Box of Stun damage. Can be used once a day.

Hangover Killer:
Cost: 20 nuyen.gif
A Slap patch the discreetly goes on your body to help you get rid of the effects of a night of overindulging.
System: Works as the Detox Spell (pg 207 SR4A)

Red Rain Poncho:
Cost: 25 nuyen.gif
For emergency use when Red Rain or other toxic weather blows into town. The poncho comes with a hood and helps prevent damage to you or your belongings.
System: The poncho is treated with a chemical that gives it a rating 1 Chemical Protection good for 24 hours. After that the neutralizers become inert, but it still repels rain.

Insta-Tattoos:
Cost:50 nuyen.gif
A sheet of tattoo paper that measures 5inches by 5 inches. Once opened it can have one image downloaded onto it. When placed against the skin the paper then (painlessly) bonds the image to the skin as a permanent tattoo, unless sprayed with Instant Tattoo remover.

Insta-Tattoos Remover.
Cost: 5 nuyen.gif
A spray on catalyst that permanently removes Instant Tattoos.
System: Removes only Insta-Tattoos. Takes 5 minutes to work.

Anti-Mugger Spray
Cost: 15
A simple spray canister to help deter the criminal element.
System: A one shot spray of Pepper Punch(pg 254 SR4A).

Opps-Ease
A morning after pill for when you’ve spent the night with Mr. Wrong. Needs to be taken within 24 hours of intercourse to be effective

Clear-it-up
A topical spray for the treatment of most common STDs and parasitic insects.
System: Adds +2 to a single Disease Resistance Test.

EDITED KS-SCREAMER
Original

[ Spoiler ]

KE-Screamer (or LS-Need-a-Cop)
A one time use electronic device wrist band that acts like a panic button similar to a Doc Wagon wristband. It puts out a “Crime in Progress” distress call with your location to KE or LS with you SIN and location. The device comes with an internal biomonitor that will also go off if vital signs drop. The device also activates if the screamer is removed.

System: Rating 2 device with Signal 4 booster. Operates for 5min before the battery goes dead. Can be activated as a free action. Activation requires a valid SIN (lvl 4 check) and carries a subscription fee of 100 nuyen.gif per month. This contract can be considered induced in paying for a Middle or higher Lifestyle or a Security of Middle or higher for Advanced Lifestyles.

Bar-Meal
Cost:3 nuyen.gif
A simple bar that provides 1/3rd the calories and daily recommended nutrients in a single, easy to carry and eat bar. Great for meals on the go.
System: Provides all the nutrition of a normal meal.
Mongoose
Cool stuff, but the KE-Screamer confuses me. Wouldn't folks just use thier comlink and the equivalent of 911? In secure areas, you wouldn't even need that- just yell for the cops, and some security drone is sure to detect the word patterns / voice stress of a "call for help" and notify the cops.
The purpose of the KE-Screamer seems to to be for folks to poor for a commlink in low security areas- exactly the folks KE doesn't care about. Plus, you'd have the "fire alarm" issue- you've basically got a fully anonymous way to call the cops. Why wouldn;t a crook buy a half dozen of these and rig them up to go off as distractions while he's committing a crime? Not that a hacker can't already cause the same distraction, cheaper....
Karoline
QUOTE (Mongoose @ Jan 25 2010, 05:07 PM) *
Cool stuff, but the KE-Screamer confuses me. Wouldn't folks just use thier comlink and the equivalent of 911? In secure areas, you wouldn't even need that- just yell for the cops, and some security drone is sure to detect the word patterns / voice stress of a "call for help" and notify the cops.
The purpose of the KE-Screamer seems to to be for folks to poor for a commlink in low security areas- exactly the folks KE doesn't care about. Plus, you'd have the "fire alarm" issue- you've basically got a fully anonymous way to call the cops. Why wouldn;t a crook buy a half dozen of these and rig them up to go off as distractions while he's committing a crime? Not that a hacker can't already cause the same distraction, cheaper....

Good point. While the idea is cool, it does seem superfluous when you consider that a commlink could do the same thing with a 911 call like you said. Even more so when you consider that you generally need your commlink to pay for anything from a vending machine (As certified credsticks aren't that commonly carried around) in the first place.
tagz
You forgot "Frosted NERPS"
Karoline
Don't forget Soy packs for if your soy machine ran out without reordering or it just hasn't come around yet. Figure condoms of some kind should be in there as well to supplement the morning after pills.

I'm sure there are tons of other things... oh, clothing, lingerie, ciggerates of course.
BRodda
QUOTE (Karoline @ Jan 25 2010, 05:28 PM) *
Good point. While the idea is cool, it does seem superfluous when you consider that a commlink could do the same thing with a 911 call like you said. Even more so when you consider that you generally need your commlink to pay for anything from a vending machine (As certified credsticks aren't that commonly carried around) in the first place.

Thin of it as the difference between calling 911 and hitting a panic button. Its a lot like a Doc Wagon bracelet or a rape whistle. If you get mugged the first thing they will take is your comlink. And if they rough you up you might not be able to get help otherwise. Same for a home invasion

But 90% of the time its just to make people feel "safe". Its a dangerous world and paranoia and safety sells.
Karoline
QUOTE (BRodda @ Jan 25 2010, 06:03 PM) *
Thin of it as the difference between calling 911 and hitting a panic button. Its a lot like a Doc Wagon bracelet or a rape whistle. If you get mugged the first thing they will take is your comlink. And if they rough you up you might not be able to get help otherwise. Same for a home invasion

But 90% of the time its just to make people feel "safe". Its a dangerous world and paranoia and safety sells.

Mmm, good point. But it doesn't seem like the sort of thing that would be sold in a vending machine then. More likely something you'd get in an actual store. That way people couldn't buy a bunch anonymously and use them as distractions. Would likely have each one linked to your SIN and vital date (To make extra sure you're safe when they find you, of course).
BRodda
QUOTE (Karoline @ Jan 25 2010, 06:00 PM) *
Don't forget Soy packs for if your soy machine ran out without reordering or it just hasn't come around yet. Figure condoms of some kind should be in there as well to supplement the morning after pills.

I'm sure there are tons of other things... oh, clothing, lingerie, ciggerates of course.

Ok, note to self. Make big list of food items for vending machine. Time to delve into the lifestyle section of RC.
BRodda
QUOTE (Karoline @ Jan 25 2010, 06:13 PM) *
Mmm, good point. But it doesn't seem like the sort of thing that would be sold in a vending machine then. More likely something you'd get in an actual store. That way people couldn't buy a bunch anonymously and use them as distractions. Would likely have each one linked to your SIN and vital date (To make extra sure you're safe when they find you, of course).

Might have to add that to the text. They have to be activated with a SIN and require a lvl 4 SIN check to buy. Would crank the cost up more, but that isn't an issue. We sell iPods in vending machines right now.
lonewolf23k
QUOTE (Karoline @ Jan 25 2010, 06:13 PM) *

I see LS-Need-a-Cops as being nifty Keychain-gimmicks handed to new customers who buy a Premium account with Lone Star. Not something every client gets, but those who pay the extra charge get the special panic button, so that instead of contacting 911 and waiting for the operator to contact Lone Star, you just push the button and contact them directly. It's only a few seconds faster, but in some cases it makes a big difference, and in any case it helps the customer feel safer.
Rystefn
Wait... How does a Detox spell cure a hangover? I know the rules say rich people like to use it as a hangover cure, but it shouldn't actually work like that. Alcohol in your system doesn't cause a hangover... most of it's just dehydration. The idea of selling something to cure hangovers that doesn't actually work makes perfect sense to me, but the rules should reflect that it doesn't work. (Although, last I looked, there's no rules for a hangover anyway, so maybe I should just shut up and let it go.)
BRodda
QUOTE (Rystefn @ Jan 25 2010, 08:50 PM) *
Wait... How does a Detox spell cure a hangover? I know the rules say rich people like to use it as a hangover cure, but it shouldn't actually work like that. Alcohol in your system doesn't cause a hangover... most of it's just dehydration. The idea of selling something to cure hangovers that doesn't actually work makes perfect sense to me, but the rules should reflect that it doesn't work. (Although, last I looked, there's no rules for a hangover anyway, so maybe I should just shut up and let it go.)

It cures the symptoms, not the cause. You just feel better. But your still dehydrated.
Rystefn
The spell says it relieves the side effects of a drug or poison. Headaches aren't a side effect of alcohol. It dulls pain. Dehydration is also not a side effect of alcohol, having to urinate a lot is. That's quite a few steps out. I'd say the Detox spell cures hangovers through the placebo effect alone.
BRodda
QUOTE (Rystefn @ Jan 25 2010, 10:06 PM) *
The spell says it relieves the side effects of a drug or poison. Headaches aren't a side effect of alcohol. It dulls pain. Dehydration is also not a side effect of alcohol, having to urinate a lot is. That's quite a few steps out. I'd say the Detox spell cures hangovers through the placebo effect alone.

I'm going to default to "A wizard did it." for the Detox Spell. As for the hangover cure, maybe in 60 years they have something that works for it. Not going to drive myself batty for what is essentially a fluff item. twirl.gif
Manunancy
Call-a-cop : in my opinion the thing should be viewed not as a complete replacement for a commlink alert, but as a cheaper alternative to having a high-signal commlink. Since it's supposed to operate only for about five minutes, it won't require much stored power, and you don't care if the electronics are half-fried when the batteries are empty. It definitively should be linked with a SIN - logically the one used to buy it, thouhg you can probably have it changed online (with a check of both the ald and new one).

And of course anytime one of the buggers is yelling for help, the SIN gets checked. Not exactly foolproof as any hacker worth his salt wil stroll trough a stufer shack and snatch plenty of genuine SINs to tag the thing with, but it will keep the small fry from using it as a diversion.
BRodda
I've edited the KE-Screamer:

KE-Screamer (or LS-Need-a-Cop)
A one time use electronic device wrist band that acts like a panic button similar to a Doc Wagon wristband. It puts out a “Crime in Progress” distress call with your location to KE or LS with you SIN and location. The device comes with an internal biomonitor that will also go off if vital signs drop. The device also activates if the screamer is removed.

System: Rating 2 device with Signal 4 booster. Operates for 5min before the battery goes dead. Can be activated as a free action. Activation requires a valid SIN (lvl 4 check) and carries a subscription fee of 100 nuyen.gif per month. This contract can be considered included in paying for a Middle or higher Lifestyle or a Security of Middle or higher for Advanced Lifestyles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012