Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How noticable are shock hands and retracted spurs?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Smokeskin
Are shock hands easy to notice? Do the contact pads look unnatural and anyone seeing them know what they are? Does it take a closer look? Are they easily felt?

Retractable spurs have to come out somewhere. How visible are the slits in the skin?
Garou
I don't really think they are visible without a very close exam. Specially Shock Hands, because with high enough voltage, the skin would be too think no to prevent contact. I suppose those hands come with insualtion so you won't shock yourself.
Dikotana
They can probably run the gamut, from the chrome-aesthetic "I'm armed at all times!" to nearly invisible. Synthetic skin is common enough in the Sixth World. Synthetic insulating shock pads can probably be pretty much indistinguishable from the non-dangerous kind. Spurs don't retract into slits, they retract into self-sealing compartments convered with more synthskin.

Someone with medical training or someone doing a deliberate inspection could notice, but I'd say even the average wageslave could happily give a street sam a handshake and leave none the wiser.
Dancer
My feeling is that ordinary grade would feel like a callus - the skin is a little harder and thicker than it should be in that spot. By Betaware it's unnoticeable unless you specifically look for it, and Deltaware can only be detected with equipment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012