I'm introducing dissonant technomancers into my campaign and have been looking at the entropic sprites. Those listed in Unwired are deliciously nasty, but there are only five which means as it stands every dissonant compiles the same set of sprites (maybe - see last paragraph).

So here's an opportunity for people to present and comment on ideas for other entropic sprites and the devilish powers they might have. I suggest ignoring ratings and complex forms as these don't differ drastically from sprite to sprite – just come up with a name, description and powers (including rules if it's a power of your own design).

I'll start:

WARP - code or data sprite
Warp sprites revel in weaving dissonant code through the nodes they infiltrate, twisting them into dissonance pools for their and their master's pleasure and profit.
Powers
Desecrate – As per the contaminate echo, but the effect lasts indefinitely.

MORTIS - Paladin or tutor sprite
Mortis sprites are the spectral champions of dissonant supremacy, equipped to violently punish any non-dissonant entities that cross their paths.
Powers
Pestilence – The sprite contaminates the icons in its vicinity, infesting their programs/complex forms with dissonance. It chooses (up to Rating) icons and rolls Rating x 2. Targetted icons roll Firewall + System to defend and the net hits of the sprite reduce the effective rating of all their complex forms/running programs by 1 per hit. Reloading programs and threading/rethreading complex forms negates this penalty, as does leaving the node, crashing the sprite, etc.
Datavore – Unwired p.181
Resonance drain – Unwired p.181

On a related note – the RAW seem ambiguous wrt entropic sprites. On p.179 (Unwired) the first paragraph of the section states that entropic sprites are formed via use of the malfunction echo on resonant sprites, but the very next paragraph states that compiling entroic sprites is handled as per the core rules. Would you play that dissonants can compile entropic sprites from scratch, or that they would have to compile a resonant sprite first and then use the necessary echo (thus making them much harder to create at will and even rarer). I don't like the idea of dissonants without that particular echo being stuck with resonant sprites but would appreciate thoughts on the matter.