Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VITAS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
moosegod
You can take this in another direction if you like, what are the vectors for the assorted VITAS strains?
moosegod
Bodily Fluids.

Man, step one on anything shadowrun-

Check Ancient Histories site.
Hecatonchires
I have always heard VITAS described as Super Ebola AIDS. I never did come across a canon description of symptoms or vectors. It killed one third of the world population fairly quickly and that seems a little broad for something with only one vector for spreading. I am thinking now that maybe it's a Super Flu (Captain Trips anyone?) spreading along multiple vector, or perhaps animal borne like malaria or Boubonic Plague. (however you spell that)

A Noob

PS: Boubonic Plague derives it's name from a purple discoloration of the skin. These were known as Boubos (props to anyone who can tell me where that comes from) or "plague roses". The childrens nursury ryhme "Ring Around the Rosie" goes back to London during the height of the infection.
Fortune
Bubo: An enlarged lymph node ("swollen gland") that is tender and painful, particularly in the groin and armpit (the axilla). A feature of a number of infectious diseases including gonorrhea, syphilis, tuberculosis, and the plague. Hence, the bubonic plague. The odd word "bubo" comes from the Greek "boubon" meaning groin or swollen groin. smile.gif
Hecatonchires
Very nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012