Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GM Screen / Skill Test Cheat Sheets for 4th Edition?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Glav
I've recently picked up Shadowrun again, and once again I find myself in the shoes of the GM. Regularly, I've thought to myself "Hey! Wouldn't it be nice if a summary of important rules, say, on some kind of screen, were available!" I fire up my trusty browser, and hit "The Amazon."

http://www.amazon.com/Shadowrun-Gamemaster...0628&sr=8-1

As of today, I've only found a handful resellers who have it. Some, like the ones on Amazon, have decided that their copies of the 4th edition GM screen are worth roughly seven thousand dollars. (I love it when automatic price schemes go awry.) Other places list it for $20, but are sold out. It also looks as if Battlecorps doesn't have it, either, in PDF or print format.

Is there any other convenient reference sheet collection of the dice pools needed for tests anywhere?
tete
I would use these
http://pavao.org/shadowrun/cheatsheets/
Ophis
Wait for the Runners toolkit coming out soon. That contains a GMs Screen.

The cheat sheets listed above are also excellent.
Achsin
makes me wish that I had bought one. . . I could probably have gotten away with a 1000% markup from the original price. . . .
Warlordtheft
Wow, you mean my GM's screen is worth $8K?

Holy $#@%!

I don't think any gamer would pay that much for the GM screen. If you are, PM me. I'd sell mine for $8K.
Neraph
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Feb 3 2010, 11:19 AM) *
Wow, you mean my GM's screen is worth $8K?

Holy $#@%!

I don't think any gamer would pay that much for the GM screen. If you are, PM me. I'd sell mine for $8K.

I have just the screen, and am willing to part with it for only $4k, in small, unmarked American dollars.
KCKitsune
It is official, these sellers are on some seriously nasty frakin' drugs.

My advice to them: "Put down the crack pipe and step away from the computer!"
Sengir
Hmmm, on my side of the pond I could instantly find three sellers on Ebay (for 20€). Some elven conspiracy must be hoarding those things in the US...
Wesley Street
Attend a gaming convention in your local area. I'm sure a vendor will be willing to sell a Fanpro screen for a reasonable price. I doubt those things are in high demand, they're just out of print which jacks up the price on the secondary market.

I only consult mine for the grenade scatter chart.
Warlordtheft
I consult mine for the DP modifiers for ranged combat mostly and guidlines on percepetion checks. My big complaint was that it didn't have quick reference sheet for the matrix or a quick reference sheet for spirits and magic. The 2nd ed screen did, and that was a godsend.

I'm still waiting/wanting the runners toolkit though.
Glav
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Feb 4 2010, 07:09 AM) *
I consult mine for the DP modifiers for ranged combat mostly and guidlines on percepetion checks. My big complaint was that it didn't have quick reference sheet for the matrix or a quick reference sheet for spirits and magic. The 2nd ed screen did, and that was a godsend.

I'm still waiting/wanting the runners toolkit though.

Does the SR community have any eta on these?
BishopMcQ
Some time SoonTM
Method
The issue is that these large online auction "clearing houses" sometimes fail to understand the niche markets they are trying to sell to (like gamers). They just run the ISBN and see "out of print" and jack up the prices. There was a copy of Runners Havens on Ebay recently for over a thousand dollars. I've never listed anything for near that much, but my guess is the listing fee was somewhere around the actual value of the book.
Delarn
http://catalystgamelabs.com/pdfs/CAT26100_RunnersToolkit.pdf
It will be with that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012