Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Europe the Lobster eats YOU
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BRodda
As requested here is an oldie but goody (pg. 8 of Paranormal Animals Of Europe for the original)

Abrams Lobster.

The Abrams Lobster is an awakened lobster found off the coasts of the North Sea. They measure 2.5 meters in length and can easily weigh more than 100Kg and have a distinctive deep blue/blue-gray coloring. They are heavily armored and equipped with massive claws able to cut open even the toughest of ship armor. They are aggressive and territorial with very little in the way of intellect or cunning. Some corporations have attempted to use them for security purposes; however they are not easily trained or contained. They are rare in the wild, but fortunately they are not hunted for their meat as it is rancid and has a strong ammonia odor. They are as durable and combat capable as the tank they are named after.

Abrams Lobster.

Attributes:
Body: 5
Agility: 3
Reaction: 4
Strength: 5
Charisma: 1
Intuition: 2
Logic: 1
Willpower: 4
Magic: 2
Edge: 1
Init: 7
IP:1

Movement: 5/15 (15/30 in the water)
Skills: Dodge 2, Perception 3, Unarmed combat 4, Swimming 4
Powers: Hardened Armor 8, Natural Weapon (Claws: DV6P, AP-3, +1 Reach), Immunity to Pathogens/Toxins, Enhanced Senses (Sonar)
Weaknesses: None

Cost: 9,000 nuyen.gif
Availability: 18R

EDIT: Changed stun to piercing damage on claws do to misreading old damage codes.
Warlordtheft
Shouldn't the DV be 6P not 6S ?
BRodda
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Feb 4 2010, 10:29 AM) *
Shouldn't the DV be 6P not 6S ?

I was debating that, but it is crushing damage not slicing damage. In the end I went to S because that's what it dealt in the original.
Warlordtheft
FYI-S in the original Paranormal anamals of europe stood for severe wound not stun. Also if it can damage vehicles it would have to be P.

Another thought-reach should be 0 and maybe give it infitration (2) specialization underwater environment.
BRodda
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Feb 4 2010, 10:39 AM) *
FYI-S in the original Paranormal anamals of europe stood for severe wound not stun. Also if it can damage vehicles it would have to be P.

Another thought-reach should be 0 and maybe give it infitration (2) specialization underwater environment.

OK, its been a while since I used the old rules. I'll modify it to P rather than S. The Reach +1 was called out pretty specifically though. Not to sure about a stealthy lobster. I'll have to see what other people think about that. Maybe camouflage?
Wesley Street
Hmm. I think I take issue with it not being tasty.
BRodda
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ Feb 4 2010, 12:55 PM) *
Hmm. I think I take issue with it not being tasty.

As a New Englander I can tell you, the bigger the lobster the worst it tastes (in my experences).
Wesley Street
True.
Sixgun_Sage
This is not just a bookmark for when I get back to my computer. Honest 'Runner it isn't.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ Feb 4 2010, 07:49 PM) *

thanks, love the sushi writeup especially biggrin.gif

it just goes to show, if you can make a turd sound sophisticated, people will pay a pretty penny for it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012