Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milwaukee Map
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Blackout
I have been scavenging the web to compile all the thoughts, ideas and source material on Milwaukee Wisconsin to run an up coming SR4 campaign. What I can't find is a good map of Wisconsin/Milwaukee area.

If anyone has a good idea on where to find one that would be awesome. If not I'm going to start building one over the next few weeks.
Stry
Milwaukee has never really been covered in Shadowrun to my knowledge. I would start building one, one general tip keep museums, major and historic buildings in place, and add a lot lower class spots on the south side as refugee areas from Chicago.
BRodda
QUOTE (Blackout @ Feb 9 2010, 11:33 AM) *
I have been scavenging the web to compile all the thoughts, ideas and source material on Milwaukee Wisconsin to run an up coming SR4 campaign. What I can't find is a good map of Wisconsin/Milwaukee area.

If anyone has a good idea on where to find one that would be awesome. If not I'm going to start building one over the next few weeks.

There might have been a mention of it in the Chicago section of Neo-Anarchest's guide to North America, but that is pre-bug city. Hard to believe that book is almost 20 years old.
BishopMcQ
It's not SR, but this may help. LINK The link is for a mapping system provided by the city of Milwaukee and includes layers for nearly everything the government tracks.

Good luck!
Neraph
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Feb 9 2010, 11:02 AM) *
It's not SR, but this may help. LINK The link is for a mapping system provided by the city of Milwaukee and includes layers for nearly everything the government tracks.

Good luck!

Excellent work (legwork, that is). I was about to suggest:

GEWGAL ERTH!
RedeemerofOgar
QUOTE (Stry @ Feb 9 2010, 12:46 PM) *
Milwaukee has never really been covered in Shadowrun to my knowledge. I would start building one, one general tip keep museums, major and historic buildings in place, and add a lot lower class spots on the south side as refugee areas from Chicago.

I'd be surprised if Milwaukee weren't part of the Chicago Sprawl in 2050. It nearly is now. nyahnyah.gif
wind_in_the_stones
QUOTE (Blackout @ Feb 9 2010, 12:33 PM) *

You could just stop in at Milwaukee Map Service and pick one up. Or did you have something else in mind? Electronic? Or just something more appropriate for the Sixth World?

We had a campaign set in Milwaukee, once. We left it pretty much as-is. Like using Vitucci's as a frequent meeting spot. I don't remember much more than that, though. I think we did a lot of "commuting" to other places for work.
'Sconnie
I did a writeup of my vision of Milwaukee in the Sixth World. It's incomplete, of course.

Milwaukee 2070

There are some ideas I've not got around to adding to this yet, such as the Divine Mountain Triad, a Hmong Triad that's active only in Minnesota and Wisconsin, The Hellcats, a WWII fighter pilot themed go-gang with a vicious anti-Japanacorp streak and rumored support from Ares, a S-K run theme park on the lakeside that Highlight's Milwaukee's German Heritage, More on the Milwaukee Turners, and much, much more.
wind_in_the_stones
Excellent work, 'Sconnie!
Blackout
It's that time. I dusted of my books and I am running Shadowrun Milwaukee again. Has anything been release, talked about or mentioned on Dumpshock for Shadowrun Milwaukee 4e?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012