Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This way to the Egress
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BRodda
The Egress
Cost: 15,000 ¥ (cost to for materials to build your own is roughly 12.3K¥)

The Egress is a drone that serves one purpose. To climb someplace high, do it unseen and wait for someone to use it to make a quick escape. The drone packs a Flying Fox Gliding System in a back pack type area for base jumping off of a building. To aid with it being inserted without notice it has a chameleon coating to help blend in with its surroundings (note the coating is only for the drone when moving, not useable when the glider is being used). The finishing touch is the gecko tips for getting up the side of buildings and other hard to expect areas. The drone is roughly the size of a parachute backpack and looks like a standard Ferret. (As all Egresses are custom built by black market riggers, most of them started off life as a Ferret. To convert a Ferret you have to rip out the advanced sensors.)

Handling: 0
Accel: 10/20
Speed: 60
Pilot: 3
Body 2
Armor: 2
Sensor: 1
Avail: 16F

Modifications:

Chameleon Coating
Gecko Tips
Flying Fox Gliding System (Comes with harness for two people and can hold up to 10Body of weight)
Neraph
I like the name: to egress means (more or less) to move backwards, or move away, and an egress (IIRC) is also a bird (although I might be confusing it with egret...). Clever either way.
BRodda
QUOTE (Neraph @ Feb 9 2010, 03:50 PM) *
I like the name: to egress means (more or less) to move backwards, or move away, and an egress (IIRC) is also a bird (although I might be confusing it with egret...). Clever either way.

P.T. Barnum used to use signs in his museum that said "This way to the Egress". People thought it was a weird creature, but it was just the exit. grinbig.gif

Sucker born every minute.
Bignaffer
sounds cool, good way for having and escape route pre-prepaired from those corp towers.
BRodda
QUOTE (Bignaffer @ Feb 9 2010, 04:16 PM) *
sounds cool, good way for having and escape route pre-prepaired from those corp towers.

Just remember to tag the price on for "specialized equipment" when negotiating with the Johnson. I'm surprised how many runners do almost every run with the same exact gear load-outs.

Of course most runners plans are "Shoot everything that moves."
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Neraph @ Feb 9 2010, 04:50 PM) *

It's an Egret you're thinking of, but on the whole, yes, very clever. I like the idea of a modified standard drone in a creative way. Good jury-rigs are always fun.
Dakka Dakka
Egret =/= egress, but both kinda fit. The former as an homage to the animal name of the base drone and the latter because the drone creates another exit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012