Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ogres & Advanced Lifestyles
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Caadium
I don't have my books in front of me so please bear with me for the lack of specific examples.

I recall that Ogre Stomach, as well as some ware, affects lifestyle costs due to a decrease (or increase with some ware) of food consumption. Typically this is listed as a percent (10 or 20% for Ogre I believe, but again don't have my RC handy). This is all very simple, but here's the question:

How do people handle this when dealing with Advanced Lifestyles from Runner's Companion? Do they apply it as a flat percent still, do they get a point discount (or increase as appropriate) for the category of the lifestyle that deals with this?

I can see it going all sorts of directions and am just curious as to what other people do. If this was talked about in the Advanced Lifestyles section I apologize. I must have missed it, and would love to find it.

Thanks!
Muspellsheimr
I have not specifically addressed this in my House Errata yet, but I would advise not providing a lifestyle discount at all. Instead, the food aspect of Necessities is treated as 2 points higher per 10% discount the character would normally receive, similar to the Home Grown lifestyle quality (or whatever it's called).
Caadium
When I get a chance I'll take a look at that quality.

Using Muspellsheimer's solution a character with a Suprathryoid (which increases basic lifestyle costs by 10% due to increased food consumption) a character using the advanced lifestyle rules would have the food aspect of Necesstities 2 levels lower than what they buy (the opposite of the Garden quality). This would mean that buying Medium level Necessities would actually leave a character barely fed; aka the equivelant to a squatter when it comes to eating.

Is this correct?

Edit: Does that make more sense?
RedeemerofOgar
QUOTE (Caadium @ Feb 9 2010, 05:56 PM) *
By that logic would you consider the food aspect of Necessitites 2 points lower per 10% increase in cost they were supposed to face (or whatever the modifier is for Suprathryroid for example)? If so, wouldn't this mean that Middle level Necessities means Squatter level food, so you'd need at least High Necessities to be non-starving?

I'm not 100% sure exactly what you are picturing, but I'm fairly certain you just made no sense at all.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Using the Alternate Lifestyles in Runner's Companion, I would build your lifestyle as normal... then multiply your ending lifestyle cost by the modifier... seems peretty easy to me... it is a monetary adjustment, not a Lifestyle adjustment... So if you have Middle Necessities (Middle Lifestyle) you would STILL have middle necessities, but your end cost (5,000 Nuyen/Month) would increase/decrease by 500 Nuyen/each 10% cost differential...

That is the easiest way to do things, and it will not mess with the various levels as indicated by the Alternate Customized Lifestyles... Remember, the cost differentials are because you generally need more/less food (Quantity) rather than better/worse food (Quality)

Keep the Faith
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012