Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadow Run Logo Dice
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SilkwormXL
Hello,

I'm starting back into Shadowrun after a good 10+ year hiatus. I purchased the PDFs of the Corebook and Running Wild (I intend to GM) - but I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to purchase the old-school Shadowrun Logo die? Or maybe Shadowrun specific die? Ones that emphasize the 1, 5 and 6? Thanks!

Picture of the Shadowrun Logo die I'm talking about -
http://images.absoluteastronomy.com/images...uerfel_dice.jpg
Prime Mover
A set were sold at Gen Con last year and If I understand correctly theres more in the works in near future?

Towards bottom of this page, can see set they sold. (currently out of stock)
http://www.shadowrun4.com/wordpress/page/10/
Thanee
https://www.pegasusshop.de/?thisoperationid...;NewLanguage=en

It's a german shop (in fact, the german company, that currently has the localization rights for Shadowrun), and they are not yet available (but should be soon, they are listed for end of january).

To find out about shipping costs, you have to ask them directly (and they certainly can also answer other questions about international orders):

mailorder@pegasus.de

Bye
Thanee
Doc Byte
There's a little production or shipping delay, but I've already pre-ordered 3 dice sets. cool.gif
ShadowPavement
I remember someone on the boards saying that they got a bunch of black dice with white pips. They then colored in the 2-4 with black sharpie marker. They colored the 1's in with red, and the 5's and 6's in with green. That way they could just cast the dice, and look down for the colors instead of keeping track of numbers.
SilkwormXL
Thank you all for the info everyone.

So do you guys use any kind of customized/Shadowrun-specific die? I've noticed through my searches that some people take die with white dots and color in the 1, 5 and 6 to differentiate them from the others. I'm just thinking in big die rolls, the icons/colors would help speed up checks.

** Edit - Oop, someone just beat me to the colored pip die. cyber.gif
Thanee
I don't think it would be much of a difference, speedwise... I mainly think that it is quite cool to have special Shadowrun dice. smile.gif

Right now, I use stock Chessex dice, but I will surely get me a few of the sets I posted above.

Bye
Thanee
Draco18s
QUOTE (ShadowPavement @ Feb 12 2010, 11:42 AM) *
I remember someone on the boards saying that they got a bunch of black dice with white pips. They then colored in the 2-4 with black sharpie marker. They colored the 1's in with red, and the 5's and 6's in with green. That way they could just cast the dice, and look down for the colors instead of keeping track of numbers.

My group did something similar--though we haven't used those dice in a while ("Ruke! What'd you do with the ShadowRun dice?"). Shame that even a permanent marker wipes off, out of the pips, fairly easily; it was coming off during their first use (damn this post made me use a lot of "p"s--that key doesn't work well on this keyboard).
Tiger Eyes
Two desks away from where I sit, someone is working on SR dice right now. wink.gif

Expect something soon. We'll post as soon as we have news.

And, yes, we're hoping for something special for the summer convention season too.
Stahlseele
When can we get them OVER HERE IN GERMANY? ;_;
kriztoph
I use to work for Chessex in their custom dice department and we made some dice for catalyst a couple of Gencons back that had the shadowrun symbol on the six and five side and the nuyen symbol on the ones side. Also made a couple that were just normal dice except for the shadowrun symbol on the six side. We traded them to catalyst for some free books.
Sengir
QUOTE (Doc Byte @ Feb 12 2010, 05:29 PM) *
There's a little production or shipping delay, but I've already pre-ordered 3 dice sets. cool.gif

How many dice are in those sets?
Doc Byte
QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 12 2010, 07:24 PM) *
How many dice are in those sets?

I don't really need 36 dice but they'll fit exactly in here. biggrin.gif
Stahlseele
Hope they'll be available at Nerdcon 2010 in Hamburg . .
pbangarth
QUOTE (kriztoph @ Feb 12 2010, 11:07 AM) *
I use to work for Chessex in their custom dice department and we made some dice for catalyst a couple of Gencons back that had the shadowrun symbol on the six and five side and the nuyen symbol on the ones side. Also made a couple that were just normal dice except for the shadowrun symbol on the six side. We traded them to catalyst for some free books.

These sound like fun. If the 'six' and the 'five' are the same symbol, exploding dice might be tricky to calculate, but I like the Shadowrun symbol concept.
Draco18s
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 12 2010, 06:18 PM) *
These sound like fun. If the 'six' and the 'five' are the same symbol, exploding dice might be tricky to calculate, but I like the Shadowrun symbol concept.

Different colors? One has a star?
pbangarth
Differentiation of some sort would indeed be useful.
Thanee
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Feb 12 2010, 06:36 PM) *
Expect something soon. We'll post as soon as we have news.

Nice!

Hopefully they will not just be Con goodies. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
kriztoph
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 12 2010, 06:18 PM) *

You know, I hadn't even considered that until now. The dice I'm currently using are just normal pipped d6s half with the nuyen symbol on the six and the other half with the shadowrun symbol on the six. (I made an a lot of extra for myself)

That was the best and worst job I have ever had. I started out as a normal warehouse guy, pulling orders, making dice sets and rolling battlemats. Then one day the boss bought a laser and told me to figure it out. It was awesome I had the whole department to myself. I figured everything out. I was taking orders from customers, designing, running the laser, and doing the shipping. It was all fun and games until I took a couple of days off to catch up on some over due homework and the boss hired me a boss. It all kind of went down hill from there.
SilkwormXL
QUOTE (Thanee @ Feb 12 2010, 10:21 AM) *
https://www.pegasusshop.de/?thisoperationid...;NewLanguage=en

It's a german shop (in fact, the german company, that currently has the localization rights for Shadowrun), and they are not yet available (but should be soon, they are listed for end of january).

To find out about shipping costs, you have to ask them directly (and they certainly can also answer other questions about international orders):

mailorder@pegasus.de

Bye
Thanee

I received a reply from these guys today regarding the Shadowrun Logo dice:

"we had some problems during the production which caused the delay. We can not assure a date when they will be available, but we hope that we geht them soon.

With best regards,

Thomas Reile

-- PEGASUS SPIELE GMBH
Straßheimer Str. 2
61169 Friedberg
fax.(+49)6031-7217-17
fon.(+49)6031-7217-60
Thomas.Reile@pegasus.de
www.pegasus.de
www.pegasusshop.de"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012