Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions about essence and about adepts.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mrfixij
Essence: If cyber/bioware is removed by some means (usually unwilling), does essence recover? What about if cyberware is removed and then put back in again (same item, same grade), does the character need to pay the essence cost again? Is it even possible to remove cyber or bioware?

Adepts: If essence is lost, and magic accordingly, does the adept lose powers, and if so, are they at the player's discretion or most recently developed are the first to be lost?

Thanks!
Glyph
Removing implants requires surgery. Essense does not recover after removing implants, unless you take an expensive genetic treatment to restore it on a piecemeal basis. Even then, though, Magic that is lost to implants is gone for good. However, removing implants leaves an Essence "hole" that you can fill with other 'ware.

I am not sure if what adept powers are lost is ever directly addressed. But for background count, which temporarily makes adepts lose power points, the adept gets to choose which powers are lost or reduced. So for permanent Magic loss, I would do the same thing.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Glyph @ Feb 13 2010, 01:34 PM) *
I am not sure if what adept powers are lost is ever directly addressed. But for background count, which temporarily makes adepts lose power points, the adept gets to choose which powers are lost or reduced. So for permanent Magic loss, I would do the same thing.

A player can chose what powers are lost, but the character sure as hell shouldn't know what's wrong until trying and failing.

I suppose the other option would be to limit the powers an adept can have active by their magic rating. So, instead of no longer being able to do X anymore due to loss, they just can't do X, Y and Z all at the same time, and have to pick which of their mojos is risen at any given time. If you decide to play that way, then I suppose you could take full magic in powers at creation, but just reduce what's on at any given time by essence-adjusted magic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012