Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drone Help
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ker'ion
I've looked through the Core Book (4A) and Arsenal and can't find the rules for making drones from scratch.
Does anyone know where they are?

I'm wanting to make a few things off of my previous drone list:
[ Spoiler ]

[EDIT:] I had to change the link colors to make them easier to read.
[EDIT:] Completed.
DireRadiant
There are none. Modify existing models as needed. Paint a new name on something.
ker'ion
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Feb 15 2010, 09:46 PM) *
There are none. Modify existing models as needed. Paint a new name on something.
This is inadequate.
The writers must be flogged.

<.<
>.>
Where's BRodda when you need him? nyahnyah.gif
AngelisStorm
Take existing drone.
"Build it yourself" for half price (or whatever the GM is ok with).
"Modify" said built from scratch drone until it meets specs (once again, talk to GM and see if extra mods are ok, since your building it from the ground up).

Name and volla; there ya go.
(Or just present a modded drone to the GM with a given brand & model name, then go to the Mercenary Warehouse and buy it.)
BRodda
QUOTE (ker'ion @ Feb 15 2010, 10:49 PM) *
This is inadequate.
The writers must be flogged.

<.<
>.>
Where's BRodda when you need him? nyahnyah.gif

Hee. OK I'll give you some quick and dirty stating. For one the big thing is if this is for a player or for a GM. Doing it as a player is a bit trickier, but I'll show you how to do it mostly by RAW.

So I have a crazy idea for a drone that is like nothing in the book. Lets say I want to make a drone for keeping my aquarium clean. (why not if stated sillier things).

1) Determine size: As this is for an aquarium lets say it is a microdrone. Body is zero.

2) Locate a parallel drone, something that is the same size.

3) Strip the drone down. So Lets say I use the Toyota MK-Centipede as my base. Figure out the costs of the equipment (other than the movement mode). Save the info and use the stripped down values as a base for every drone of that type. (For example the MK stripped down costs 500 nuyen.gif after taking off the special armor mod. For stripping purposes only take 1 lvl of any mod off the cost.)

4) Swap out locomotive method and change stats. This is a free change generally. Everything gets one mode of movement. Change out the handling stats though if required. Lets keep our little drone a walker though.

5) Add your additional equipment: Lets give it gecko tips (300 nuyen.gif ) and special equipment [aquarium care] for (50 nuyen.gif this is GM caveat).

6) Total your costs and modifications and let it rip.

Evo Coprperation aquarium cleaner.
Cost: 850 nuyen.gif
This is a small bug like walker intended to clean the inside of aquarium tanks found in some corporate buildings or in personal residences. It comes with an internal testing kit for sampling water pH and is capable of adjusting the levels thanks to small doses of chemicals in its hull. It can also dispense food, clean the sides of the tanks and remove dead fish and other foreign matter from the tank.

Stats:
Handling: +1
Accel: 2/10
Speed: 10
Pilot: 3
Body: 0
Armor: 0
Sensor: 1
Avail: 4

Std. Upgrades:
Walker mode
Gecko Tips
Special equipment [aquarium care]

Just a quick and dirty guide. I hope it helps...
The Jopp
This doesnt work unfortunately as Improved Landing and Takeoff 2 would put certain drones at a negative value.

Take the HK drone at 2500Y compared to the MCT fly spy.

Difference is about 500Y and the former has more armor and anti-drone weaponry.

Also, the Improved Landing and Takeoff they both have cost 5000Y/BODY.
BRodda
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Feb 16 2010, 10:40 AM) *
This doesnt work unfortunately as Improved Landing and Takeoff 2 would put certain drones at a negative value.

Take the HK drone at 2500Y compared to the MCT fly spy.

Difference is about 500Y and the former has more armor and anti-drone weaponry.

Also, the Improved Landing and Takeoff they both have cost 5000Y/BODY.

That is under locomotive. You can't strip out those costs because it breaks the systems.

So lets see the MCT fly spy is a minidrone (Body of 1) with Improved takeoff and landing. Take off 500 nuyen.gif for the maneuverability autosoft. for a total of 1,500 nuyen.gif .

The Dragonfly is also a minidrone (Body of 1) with Improved takeoff and landing 2 (its form of locomotion). Take off the autosoft (500 nuyen.gif ), the armor (200 nuyen.gif) and weaponry (200 nuyen.gif is standard for most special mods for some odd reason and it makes it fit the formula) and you get a total of 1,600 nuyen.gif .

The question is if it is fair that one drone gets just ITaL1 and another gets ITaL2 for 100 nuyen.gif ? No. But it helps to pick the drone to start modifying that is closest to the one you want.
ker'ion
Where are the costs for upgrades? I didn't find them.
BRodda
QUOTE (ker'ion @ Feb 16 2010, 08:03 PM) *
Where are the costs for upgrades? I didn't find them.

All the upgrades are in Arsenal. Its a must have for drone builders. (or anyone really).
ker'ion
I'll have to recheck the book, I couldn't find them.
BRodda
QUOTE (ker'ion @ Feb 16 2010, 10:14 PM) *
I'll have to recheck the book, I couldn't find them.

Drones take vehicle modifications.
ker'ion
QUOTE (BRodda @ Feb 16 2010, 09:47 PM) *
Drones take vehicle modifications.
*beating head against the nearest wall*
Doh!

Do they use normal firearms, just attached semi-permanently?
Faraday
QUOTE (ker'ion @ Feb 16 2010, 08:36 PM) *
Do they use normal firearms, just attached semi-permanently?

Well I don't know about you, but I usually don't duct tape weapons to my drones...

The official modification would be a Weapon Mount, which is a standard vehicle modification. Again, in Arsenal.

hobgoblin
previous design rules had all kinds of issues, sadly. End result being that this time round we only get modification rules, and even those have some edge cases that can drive some where on the forum into impressive rants.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012