Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ramming SPEED!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Snow_Fox
The other day I say an episode of "Dirty Jobs" where the host was dismantling a parade float. Talking baout the mechanics we leaerned that while most floats drive at 2-4 miles per hour, when you put the peddle down the things can do 30-40 MPH! Now as a Loyal viewer of the Macy's thanksgiving Parade the image of a giant gingerbread house or box of craytons hitting the turnpike at 40 is damn silly, but of course there's the final attack scene from "Animal House" where the order is "Cut the cake" followed by "Ramming Speed!" and all hell breaks loose.

About 10 years ago in New York a blimp crashed in Brooklyn, it didn't burn and because there was no ridged frame it did no damage to the buidling it hit, but it looked truly weird.

So what other damn silly rides can you imagine runners getting behind?
Aerospider
Rickshaws would be quite undignified.
Snow_Fox
rotfl.gif Oh that is so the sort of idea I meant, thank you. Do you mean pulling or riding in?
toturi
Shapeshifter bear pulling a troll firing an emplaced HMG on rickshaw. Hell yeah.
LurkerOutThere
Free candy painted treaded school bus with forward mounted panther assault cannons. My guys don't veer into pink mohawk very often, but they have no qualms about it when the drek hits the oscilator.
Khyron
The Oscar Meyer truck.
Link
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Khyron @ Feb 20 2010, 10:14 PM) *
The Oscar Meyer truck.
Link

It's amusing to see that on the drive to work every day. There are actually a few in different sizes too.
kjones
This is maybe slightly off-topic, but Spycraft d20 had modification rules for vehicles, and one of the ones you could get was called the "Proteus Package", which meant that you could have one vehicle that turned into another type of vehicle, so long as they were of the same size. For example, you could have a boat-car, or for extra awesome, a submarine-car.

You could also, for a couple billion dollars, get an aircraft carrier that turned into a blimp.

Someday...
Draco18s
QUOTE (kjones @ Feb 21 2010, 12:24 PM) *
This is maybe slightly off-topic, but Spycraft d20 had modification rules for vehicles, and one of the ones you could get was called the "Proteus Package", which meant that you could have one vehicle that turned into another type of vehicle, so long as they were of the same size. For example, you could have a boat-car, or for extra awesome, a submarine-car.

Isn't Spycraft based on spy movies like James Bond?
Neowulf
*hums My Little Pony theme* Motorcycle with walker mod, custom look "pink pony".
Manservant pulling a rickshaw. http://www.robotrickshaw.com/
Terrier with LTA mod and custom look "Toxic cloud". http://www.animevice.com/flying-nimbus/21-33/
Neowulf
QUOTE (kjones @ Feb 21 2010, 10:24 AM) *

You could also, for a couple billion dollars, get an aircraft carrier that turned into a blimp.

Someday...

Submacopter! http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1294
kjones
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Feb 21 2010, 12:37 PM) *
Isn't Spycraft based on spy movies like James Bond?

Did James Bond ever drive an aircraft carrier zepplin?

(Also legal under their rules: Aircraft carrier space shuttle.)
Draco18s
QUOTE (kjones @ Feb 21 2010, 02:13 PM) *

No, but he had a car-submarine.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Aerospider @ Feb 21 2010, 03:33 AM) *
Rickshaws would be quite undignified.

hmm, troll with kid stealth legs, or some other crazy cybermod for max running, pulling one that holds a dwarf manning a machinegun nest?
Khyron
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Feb 21 2010, 02:21 PM) *
hmm, troll with kid stealth legs, or some other crazy cybermod for max running, pulling one that holds a dwarf manning a machinegun nest?

Even more undignified. A gnome on a gnome sized bike towing a troll with a machinegun in a little red wagon.
Snow_Fox
On water, a college racing skul. "damn it! all pull together!"
kjones
QUOTE (Khyron @ Feb 21 2010, 02:26 PM) *
Even more undignified. A gnome on a gnome sized bike towing a troll with a machinegun in a little red wagon.

Even more undignified. The bike is actually an autocycle with a rigger mod, and someone is jumped in and frantically pedaling in VR.
Neowulf
I wonder how many bust-a-moves it would take to carry a runner on a 2'x2' pedestal?
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Neowulf @ Feb 21 2010, 08:47 PM) *
I wonder how many bust-a-moves it would take to carry a runner on a 2'x2' pedestal?

crap, now i am reminds of cory doctorow's latest creation, makers. there a whole bunch of animatronic elmos drive a golf cart...

btw, any self respecting rigger should have a contact at every scrap yard in the local area...
pbangarth
How about one of those little carts with the vacuum hose for cleaning streets and sewer manholes?
'Sconnie
QUOTE (kjones @ Feb 21 2010, 08:13 PM) *

Aircraft Carrier Zeppelin?

[img]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/gs/news/000919/crimson_screen017.jpg[/img]

Please, Smith & Tinker, Bring Back Crimson Skies, but this time, read up on your Wisconsin history. There's no way 1930s Wisconsin would willingly join a fascist nation like the Industrial States of America. They either would have thrown in their lot with the People's Collective or formed their own Socailist state.
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 21 2010, 08:38 PM) *
How about one of those little carts with the vacuum hose for cleaning streets and sewer manholes?

you mean a street sweeper?
Caadium
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Feb 21 2010, 11:19 AM) *
No, but he had a car-submarine.

This is what I think of when I think about the Amphibious Operations modification:

http://www.gibbstech.com/

On another note, I'm being inspired to put together a run that will require the runners to use a sewage pump truck (like they use to clean outhouses). I just really want to screw with some players and have the drek literally hit the fan.
Neraph
I had a team successfully pull off a perfect run (they got in, got out, left no evidence, and were not seen) in an HVAC repair vehicle under the name Stiff Nipples Air Conditioning Service.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012