Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deus' minions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JongWK
1) Would Deus use deckers, in addition to his pet Otaku? What about their cybereyes' colour? cyber.gif

2) If a true Otaku (that is, those who weren't created by Deus) receives its enhancement process (transfiguration?), would he lose the advantages once Deus is gone? Could he still use them outside the SCIRE?
Shockwave_IIc
To the second one, NO. if you were a real Otaku and underwent the transfiguration you got to keep the advancements.

Alla Pax. Threats 2.
JongWK
I don't have Threats 2... (looks at his wish list)
Velocity
Good little book, I'd recommend it. A fun read.

re: using deckers... sure, why not?
JongWK
But what woudl be their rank, compared with the Otaku? Whites? Blues? How would the Otaku view them?
Kagetenshi
They'd probably be Blues, and the Otaku would view them with either scorn or pity. They might be Greens depending on their assigned tasks.

~J
spotlite
I'd say they'd be Greens, not Blues, even if assigned to security detail. In fact, I'd probably say they were Whites in training, waiting for their turn in the chamber...

in other words, I'd say that if he did use deckers with cyberdecks - inside the arc at least - it would be only as a temporary or training measure prior to full otaku conversion.

Kagetenshi
Then of course there's the fact to remember that not all members of Otaku tribes can deck naked. It's entirely possible that some of the White Otaku use decks, though none of the important ones.

~J
Reaver
Deus is dead. Long live Renraku. wink.gif
Grey
I thought the whole thing that made Otaku what they are is that they can deck naked.

I'd say that if someone ended up having to use a deck, they would be Greens.
Jason Farlander
QUOTE (Reaver)
Deus is dead. Long live Renraku. wink.gif

I guess you dont have threats 2 either, then.
JongWK
I asked because I have a decker and an otaku in my groups. If the decker is ever captured in the Arcology, I'd suppose Deus would follow the "Reuse, Recycle" motto. wink.gif

As for the Otaku, I suspect she might be willing to follow Deus. eek.gif

kryton
Deus rocks I need to pick up Threats 2. Has Renraku Archology fallen or is still under control of Deus? If so where is old Deusy? Has he created a human host for his "consciousness". I figure with the amount of biotech available to Deus pretty soon he could start growing children specially engineered for their hacking abilities. With Biotech and genemanipulation he may beable to create custom designed geniuses? Any thoughts?
Reaver
QUOTE (Jason Farlander @ Feb 10 2004, 11:55 AM)
QUOTE (Reaver @ Feb 10 2004, 12:09 PM)
Deus is dead.  Long live Renraku.  wink.gif

I guess you dont have threats 2 either, then.

I do have Threats 2, and that's no longer Deus. It's something different entirely.
Grey
QUOTE (kryton)
Deus rocks I need to pick up Threats 2. Has Renraku Archology fallen or is still under control of Deus? If so where is old Deusy? Has he created a human host for his "consciousness". I figure with the amount of biotech available to Deus pretty soon he could start growing children specially engineered for their hacking abilities. With Biotech and genemanipulation he may beable to create custom designed geniuses? Any thoughts?

Well... he kinda made a human host for him, but it spans over the minds of thousands of people. For more info, check out Brainscan and Threats 2.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Grey)
I thought the whole thing that made Otaku what they are is that they can deck naked.

Nope. If you read the Denver sourcebook (it's also alluded to in Technobabel, IIRC) the Otaku are really street tribes of creepy techno-fetishist kids. It's just that amongst these tribes a fair number don't need the hardware, something that the people in the Denver Data Haven were trying to conceal before someone (was it Fastjack? Been too long since I read the book) blew their cover.

~J
Grey
I never had Denver, so everything I know of Otaku is from VR2, Renraku Shutdown, Brainscan, and Matrix.

Good to know though. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012