Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dynamic Handprints and Print Removal
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Morphius
Hi! So, the genetech Print Removal... well, removes prints. But the nanocybernetic Dynamic Handprints lets people alter their prints.

Am I correct in assuming that without prints to begin with, the Dynamic Handprints can't create and alter prints from nothing? Or can Dynamic Handprints create prints?
Dahrken
My guess would be that Dynamic Handprints let you fake any hanprints you downloaded into it. Including blank, "erased" prints, replicating the effect of Print Removal.
Rotbart van Dainig
And of course, having your prints removed through a minor biomod costs no essence at all.
Morphius
Actually, the question was...if your prints were already erased, would you be able to get Dynamic Handprints?
Dahrken
Yes, why would it not ? It does not alter your existing fingerprints, it *replace* them with an intelligent, programmable system. Unless you download a map of them in the system, your original (or surgically altered, or genetically removed, or whatever) prints are *gone*.
Bugfoxmaster
I personally think it seems like Dahrken's got it here - Dynamic Handprints replicates fingerprint patterns, and "no pattern" is still a pattern itself - the nanites should be able to form a smooth surface. Thus, I think they' should make Print Removal moot.
Sengir
QUOTE (Dahrken @ Feb 24 2010, 08:01 PM) *
Yes, why would it not ? It does not alter your existing fingerprints, it *replace* them with an intelligent, programmable system. Unless you download a map of them in the system, your original (or surgically altered, or genetically removed, or whatever) prints are *gone*.

At least if seems highly unlikely that the nanites somehow cut the ridges from your skin and glue them on in a different position. wobble.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012