Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tacnet Sensor Channels
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
AndyZ
I'm still very iffy about these rules. However, a lot of that is because I'm having trouble understanding how drones fit into this equation. Part of that is I don't really understand upgrading sensor systems for drones.

If I upgrade the sensor systems for a drone to give it Low Light, Thermo, Vision/Audio Enhancement and so on, do they increase the sensor channels for a drone?
Karoline
QUOTE (AndyZ @ Mar 2 2010, 12:13 PM) *
I'm still very iffy about these rules. However, a lot of that is because I'm having trouble understanding how drones fit into this equation. Part of that is I don't really understand upgrading sensor systems for drones.

If I upgrade the sensor systems for a drone to give it Low Light, Thermo, Vision/Audio Enhancement and so on, do they increase the sensor channels for a drone?

Yeah. A drone with LL, Thermal, VE, and AE would have 4 sensor channels, and so be able to help out with a rating 2 tacnet Actually it would have at least 6, because it would also have normal visual and normal audio as well.

Basically 'sensor channels' is 'how many senses/sense improvements can you provide'. A camera is 1 for visual. A night vision camera is 2, 1 for visual and 1 for night vision.
AndyZ
Simple enough. Thank you.

Is there anything I have to do to add the enhancements to the drones beyond just paying the enhancement costs?
Karoline
QUOTE (AndyZ @ Mar 2 2010, 12:55 PM) *
Simple enough. Thank you.

Is there anything I have to do to add the enhancements to the drones beyond just paying the enhancement costs?

I think drones of different sizes can only support so many types of sensors. Should be in the sensor section of the main book and I think it expands on it some in Arsenal. Don't remember all the rules off hand, and I think you can do stuff like get a camera for 1 sensor slot and then add all the vision mods to it directly.
Warlordtheft
So I have a question--does 1 sensor capacity= vehicle mod slot. Most drones only have 4 vehicle mod slots.
Karoline
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Mar 2 2010, 02:53 PM) *
So I have a question--does 1 sensor capacity= vehicle mod slot. Drones only have 4.

No, sensor capacity is entirely seprate from vehicle mod slot.
Saint Sithney
BBB 325 has the sensor packages.
Arsenal 105 gives the typical pre-installed sensor package for at least a vehicle.

I'd say in the standard 8 capacity for a large drone, you could easily enough drop 8 channels worth of sensors in, especually with therm and lowlight on the cameras.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012