Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where can I find info on Changlings?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zimbabwean Aardvark
I have the nsrcg program, and it has changling as one of its race options. What are changelings? And what book must I purchase now to find out how to play them?
Lilt
It's in the Year of the Comet sourcebook. "Changeling" is another word for someone who has been affected by SURGE.
Zimbabwean Aardvark
Is there any benfit to playing them?
Lilt
Yes, there ae some somewhat munchkin edges and flaws such-as dual-natured and chronic ostiocusps.

Dual natured: -10 pt flaw (-5 for awakened characters)
Your character becomes dual natured, only particularily useful if you can eventually learn masking so that people won't know your astral form is there and you can get past barriers.

Chronic Ostiocusps: -10pt flaw
You look dammn ugly, with bones growing-out all over your body giving you social problems, armor costs +50%, and you heal more slowly (+2tn to healing tests), but you get 3 points of the adept pain resistance power, and +1 power to unarmed attacks.

Astral perception: 6pt edge
Your character undergoes a limited awakening and gains a magic attribute of 1 and can learn the Enchanting and Aura reading skills. The character may also be able to initiate to pick-up centering (adept centering would be nice), masking, divining, and a higher magic attribute.
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Lilt)
Yes, there ae some somewhat munchkin edges and flaws such-as dual-natured and chronic ostiocusps.

Dual natured: -10 pt flaw (-5 for awakened characters)
Your character becomes dual natured, only particularily useful if you can eventually learn masking so that people won't know your astral form is there and you can get past barriers.

I never saw this a munchkin, the 10pt is harsh cos your a mundane. the only time i've considered taking it with a awakend character was an Physical Adept.

Chronic Ostiocusps: -10pt flaw
You look dammn ugly, with bones growing-out all over your body giving you social problems, armor costs +50%, and you heal more slowly (+2tn to healing tests), but you get 3 points of the adept pain resistance power, and +1 power to unarmed attacks.

This i can agree with, if you're gonna take this it's cos of the free 3 lvls of pain resistance (most likly).

Your character undergoes a limited awakening and gains a magic attribute of 1 and can learn the Enchanting and Aura reading skills. The character may also be able to initiate to pick-up centering (adept centering would be nice), masking, divining, and a higher magic attribute.

This is a 6pt edge, so it should be good, Ambidextrous 3 can be far worse (especaily at the start of a campaign)
Lilt
QUOTE (Shockwave_IIc)

This is a 6pt edge, so it should be good, Ambidextrous 3 can be far worse (especaily at the start of a campaign)

That's true. It's not munchkin, but it is useful; You can bond weapon foci (useful for fighting vamps and shifters) and assense (intelligent characters can gain a lot of information from that) and possible even initiate and gain Centering.

Centering, if your GM allows it, could be applied adept style meaning that if you initiate enough then you can apply it to different skill areas like technical or B/R skills.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012