Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New NPC Roster
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
knasser

I haven't had nearly enough time to write up all the things I wanted to write. I managed to bang out an update the NPC rosters. This time, I've done three different vigilantes that can be dropped into a game. (I like to group my NPCs by a theme).

The direct link is here. My computery friend has kindly set up the site so it's a lot easier for me to manage the content on there, so I might update a bit more often now.

As always, I put these up for the feedback, so please do comment if you like them (or don't).

Peace and be cool,

K.
Dr.Rockso
Very nice write up. Haven't had time to give it anything other than a quick scan but it looks pretty awesome. Only one thing jumped out at me as something to be fixed: you jump from Ahming to Anming a couple times.
Dr.Rockso
-EDIT-

Double posts are silly
Cwell
Thanks, i always like your write-ups, nice source for lazy ones like me. notworthy.gif
The new website is also great smile.gif

Just a couple things : both char have Athletics group & Gymnastic, the later beeing into the group already.
I'd also write miss Chan's Reaction as 6(7) and IPs 1(2) as per Gunslinger Ork Adept exemple p104 SR4.A
She also cannot have 5(9) in a Unarmed Combat skill with the Improved Ability : it is cap at 1.5*natural Skill (p.196 SR4.A), thus 5(7) or 6(9), Rating 3 max for the Adept Power per skill.
More PPs for something else wink.gif
EDIT correcting myself : Her Improved Ability (Stealth) should be Improved Ability (Shadowing) i guess, Shadowing 5(7) in the skill list as a hint!
knasser
QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ Mar 5 2010, 07:33 PM) *
Very nice write up. Haven't had time to give it anything other than a quick scan but it looks pretty awesome. Only one thing jumped out at me as something to be fixed: you jump from Ahming to Anming a couple times.

Thanks. Another GM victim of Googling "Chinese Names", I'm afraid. I do have some Chinese friends, but I don't think I can just use their names as characters - I always avoid doing that. Glad you liked it.

QUOTE (cwell)
Just a couple things : both char have Athletics group & Gymnastic, the later beeing into the group already.
I'd also write miss Chan's Reaction as 6(7) and IPs 1(2) as per Gunslinger Ork Adept exemple p104 SR4.A
She also cannot have 5(9) in a Unarmed Combat skill with the Improved Ability : it is cap at 1.5*natural Skill (p.196 SR4.A), thus 5(7) or 6(9), Rating 3 max for the Adept Power per skill.
More PPs for something else
EDIT correcting myself : Her Improved Ability (Stealth) should be Improved Ability (Shadowing) i guess, Shadowing 5(7) in the skill list as a hint!

Thanks a lot. Corrected and re-uploaded. I'm looking forward to using Miss Chan - should be a bit of a shock for some players. Then again, old, seemingly frail chinese woman - it does kind of scream danger to PC senses. The trick will be to blend in enough local colour and background that they can believe she might actually be just a regular person. If the game goes 'you fight these people, you fight those people, you fight some more people, you meet an old chinese woman - she appears harmless', then it's no wonder that the players will break out the automatic weapons immediately.

Anyway, thanks for posting comments. I'll pass on your complements on the website. It is a great improvement on the old one as it actually lets me manage all the content without editing HTML.

K.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012