Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Defaulting...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
endou_kenji
Does the defaulting penalty apply to defensive combat skill tests?

For example:

Take a character with Reaction 4, Dodge 0, Weapon Skills/Unarmed Combat 0.

It's ranged defense (Reaction) would be 4
It's ranged full defense (Reaction + Dodge) would be... 4? (I'm assuming the extra from full defense is just that, extra, not a "skill test" per se)

Now comes the weirdness...
His melee Parry/Dodge/Block would be 3, since he doesn't have a "defensive" skill, and needs to default on that.

Basically, it's easier for him to dodge bullets than to dodge a punch... eek.gif

Taking my assumption above that the full defense extra dodge is just extra, when on full defense against melee, it's the same as not going on full defense (so, basically, no reason to go on full defense at all...).

BUT, if the extra "dodge" on FullD isn't really extra, that would impose an overly illogical -2 penalty????
Mantis
So this is someone without any melee skills, nor a dodge skill nor a gymnastics skill in melee combat and trying to go full defense? Just give him his reaction score for defense and let it go at that. I wouldn't penalize him anymore than he already is. It would be a good lesson on why you need to get some sort of defense skill though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012