Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me pick some cyber?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Starmage21
So I'm playing a nosferatu magician in my current group, and thigns are going good. i just boosted my magic to 5 with karma from the 4 we used to start. I'd like to get some cyber on my mage, most notably skillwires so I can cover up my uncouth weakness.

It's gotta be delta, and I'm a mage so i figure i might as well use the whole point of essence.

What should I get?

Skillwires w/ Expert system
Fiber-optic hair

so far.

http://shadowrun4.proboards.com/index.cgi?...ad=1&page=1
thats my character.
Manunancy
ven if you have the cash, ha your charactr the contacts to get into a delta clnic in the first place ? Especially one that's willing to take in a nosferatu, with all the potential risk of HMVV infection for the staff, and that you can trust to do what they're told and keep some nice ritual samples to et a leash on your neck for their paymasters.

Don't forget that most Delat clinics are high-level corporate assets, usually reserved for their own vetted patients, not something open to criminal scum such as an edgerunner. Or on the paroll of some heavy-hitting organized crime, who even if they are less concerned about their customer's background present their own set of problems.
Dahrken
Just a note : a Sustaining Focus is only good for one category of spell, you should specify which in your character description (likely Health for Alleviate Allergy and Increased Reflexes - one at a time of course)

As for cyber, you may consider flare compensation as an eye mod, so you can do away with the goggles.

[EDIT] Note that wearing goggles NOT fitted with thermographic augmentation may hamper your natural thermographic vision if they are not transparent to the proper wavelength [/EDIT]

You may also want to look at bioware - 0.66 Essence of deltaware cyber plus 0.64 of bioware (or 0.8/0.4... you get the idea) opens some rather nice options, like a Cerebral Booster to increase your Drain resistance
Udoshi
Delta datajack is an amazing deal for the price.
Makki
Genewipe genetic treatment, if you have some months to spare. potential must-have for every shadowrunner und should make you less infectious...
Udoshi
QUOTE (Makki @ Mar 9 2010, 12:06 AM) *
Genewipe genetic treatment, if you have some months to spare. potential must-have for every shadowrunner und should make you less infectious...

Infected can't take geneware, sadly.
Wuerfelwerfer
Trauma Damper and Platelet Factory. Turns 3 stun damage into one. Or 3 phys damage into 1 phys and 1 stun. Should be real nifty for countering drain.
Or a synaptic booster. A mage with 2 IPs in the real world can do some serious mojo.
Faraday
If you can afford the essence, get a pain editor. When active, it not only bumps your willpower by 1 (very difficult attribute to boost), but essentially negates the effects of stun damage. Makes dealing with drain a LOT easier.
Starmage21
QUOTE (Faraday @ Mar 9 2010, 06:13 AM) *
If you can afford the essence, get a pain editor. When active, it not only bumps your willpower by 1 (very difficult attribute to boost), but essentially negates the effects of stun damage. Makes dealing with drain a LOT easier.

I thought the infected cant get bioware either. the HMHVV virus assimilates it IIRC (but could be wrong).

Thanks for the sustaining focus schooling. I didnt know they had to be locked into a particular category of spells, I was using it for alleviate allergy anyway.

Also, I already have 2 passes. I'm looking into getting another sustaining focus so I can get 4 with a good casting of Increase Reflexes.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
On a tangent: you could cover up your uncouth negative quality in other ways and not lower your essence and magic. For instance, in some cases you could use spirits as negotiators. You could feign being mute and talk via commlink. Or you could just scare the hell out of people to get what you want.

If you must, though, I say go for bioware. Tailored phermones go a long way.
Starmage21
QUOTE (last_of_the_great_mikeys @ Mar 9 2010, 12:27 PM) *
On a tangent: you could cover up your uncouth negative quality in other ways and not lower your essence and magic. For instance, in some cases you could use spirits as negotiators. You could feign being mute and talk via commlink. Or you could just scare the hell out of people to get what you want.

If you must, though, I say go for bioware. Tailored phermones go a long way.

Yeah, thats a good idea too. I really want to cover it up. I'm a mage, so karma starved already. dont want to spend the karma to cover the quality with individually learned social skills or buy off the quality. MUCH easier for me to throw my money at it.
Starmage21
Just wanted to thank everyone for the help. I've gotten a number of good suggestions so far.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
You're welcome...and you owe us all nanaimo bars!
Faraday
QUOTE (last_of_the_great_mikeys @ Mar 10 2010, 07:02 PM) *
You're welcome...and you owe us all nanaimo bars!

Hear hear!
Pat
QUOTE (Wuerfelwerfer @ Mar 9 2010, 06:29 AM) *
Trauma Damper and Platelet Factory. Turns 3 stun damage into one. Or 3 phys damage into 1 phys and 1 stun. Should be real nifty for countering drain.
Or a synaptic booster. A mage with 2 IPs in the real world can do some serious mojo.

actually, according to the BBB "Platelet Factories: Platelet factories increase the body’s ability
to handle Physical damage by accelerating the production of platelets
within bone marrow, thus lessening the trauma from large wounds and
quickly stopping bleeding. Any time the user suffers 2 or more points
of damage, the damage is instantly reduced by one point."

So, while this ware is still awesome. I don't believe it affects stun damage. frown.gif
Starmage21
QUOTE (Pat @ Mar 14 2010, 10:16 PM) *
actually, according to the BBB "Platelet Factories: Platelet factories increase the body’s ability
to handle Physical damage by accelerating the production of platelets
within bone marrow, thus lessening the trauma from large wounds and
quickly stopping bleeding. Any time the user suffers 2 or more points
of damage, the damage is instantly reduced by one point."

So, while this ware is still awesome. I don't believe it affects stun damage. frown.gif

It does allow me to deal with over-casting drain a bit more though. Thanks for the clarification!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012