Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Johnny Spot
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Androcomputus
So... put frankly I decided against trying to build the Samurai known as Jack, I think it is impossible to do with only 400 BP... so I am doing the next best thing... I have written a "temple" a dojo that carried on his teachings after he left. Most of the "monks" are orphans, and regard each other as brothers.

The bulk of the members are physical adepts like Jack, live as squatters like jack did, and do good with out the idea of reward... like Jack did...

So if Jack founded a dojo to spread his ideals and to empower regular folk, what would a standard student have skill wise, Equipment Wise, and Contact wise.

I was thinking the following skill groups:
  • Close Combat
  • Athletics
  • Perception
  • Dodge
  • First Aid
  • Archery
  • Survival
  • Etiquette
  • Assessing

The following Adept powers
  • Combat Sense
  • Improved Ability (Katana)
  • Improved Reflexes

I was wondering if I was missing anything for the above list... It is important that these monks refrain from using guns, and cyberware (refrain: so avoid but some will have a little)
Stingray
when refraining of using gun, Adept power of Killing Hands (+ Distance Strike/Critical Stike).
making "temple" as housing of Initiation Group for advanced Adepts.
Adept may have Mentor Spirit (Wolf,Bear,Wise Warrior....)
AngelisStorm
Jack was taught to jump good. Seems like he would pass along such a useful skill.
Tsithlis
Why would an adept take improved reflexes for 2. 3 or 5 magic loss when you can take Synaptic Boosters for 1 magic loss?
AngelisStorm
QUOTE (Tsithlis @ Mar 9 2010, 06:30 AM) *
Why would an adept take improved reflexes for 2. 3 or 5 magic loss when you can take Synaptic Boosters for 1 magic loss?

1.5, 2.5, and 4. (SR4A)

Likely reduceable by taking Adept Geasa, which you can link into your "Code of Honor" quality (for example).

As to why? Besides personal and/or moral issues, a lot of people don't have 80,000 nuyen.gif sitting around. That's 16 months of middle lifestyle; or over 3 years of low lifestyle. Heck, it's 2/3rds of a year of the good life, or almost enough for a month of partying like a rock star. And that's just for Rating 1.
Tsithlis
1.5, 2.5, and 4. (SR4A)

Nice, thanks for that, didn't notice they had lowered it at least a bit.

As to why? Besides personal and/or moral issues, a lot of people don't have 80,000 nuyen sitting around. That's 16 months of middle lifestyle; or over 3 years of low lifestyle. Heck, it's 2/3rds of a year of the good life, or almost enough for a month of partying like a rock star. And that's just for Rating 1.

Very true in game, but I would try to get my adept some of these in char gen to make things easy. I don't play adepts much so I'm no expert on building one, but I have always wondered about that.
Karoline
QUOTE (Tsithlis @ Mar 9 2010, 08:30 AM) *
Very true in game, but I would try to get my adept some of these in char gen to make things easy. I don't play adepts much so I'm no expert on building one, but I have always wondered about that.

Most adept builds do seem to make this sacrifice, grabbing the boosters because they are so much more magic efficient than getting the actual power. The other thing they tend to get is muscle toner, because for a second point of magic they can pump up their agility by 2-4 points, which is several times cheaper than doing it via magic.

Back to the main point:
I agree about adding in some great leap, as jumping around like crazy and doing what looks largely like gymnastic dodge is something Jack is fairly well known for.

Other than that, looks like a fairly solid base.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012