Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: does bodyware taking capacity have a certain limb it must go in?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
makari
for example, can an inplanted biomonitor bo into any limb? arm, leg, hand, etc...

how about a system scanner

or then the even more odd, how about an internal airtank... I realize it's generally a replaced lung, but also dont see why the tank couldn't be put into a cyberleg with nothing but an air tube going to the correct location...

there are a couple others like this that have an implied location, but I dont see where it has to be there
Karoline
They can go in any limb as far as I know.
KCKitsune
I think the only 'ware that has to go into a specific limb is the Hydraulic Jack must go in to cyberlegs.
KarmaInferno
I'd allow the hydraulic jack to be used in an arm, but as a hydraulic punch, not for jumping.

A hydraulic jack in the head would be amusing.

So, how do we open that door?
- Use your head
Aerospider
If you want some good laughs, get yourself a groinal scanner... indifferent.gif
makari
cool, one other cyber question,

is a simrig waisted space? as long as I have a hot sim module I dont see the point of another .5 essense just to be able to record...

especially since if I really need to record I could do it with external devices right?

Sengir
QUOTE (makari @ Mar 9 2010, 04:54 PM) *
is a simrig waisted space?

Only if you install it in your cyber-waist...

In all other locations it's like an implanted commlink or sim module - heavy-duty users probably want the implant, but the external version + trodes does the same.
Aerospider
QUOTE (makari @ Mar 9 2010, 03:54 PM) *
I could do it with external devices right?

You can apply that to a hell of a lot of augmentations, if not most of them.
Very few do things that can't be replicated externally.

Hand razors - Knife
Skin pocket - Coat pocket
Cybereyes - Goggles
Cyberarm - Troll buddy with a really big arm
etc.
Jaid
QUOTE (makari @ Mar 9 2010, 10:54 AM) *
cool, one other cyber question,

is a simrig waisted space? as long as I have a hot sim module I dont see the point of another .5 essense just to be able to record...

especially since if I really need to record I could do it with external devices right?

wasted unless you want convenient recording ability, yes.
remember, the external simrig is more like a suit than anything. anything you record will record that you're wearing a simrig, whereas an internal simrig doesn't feel like you're wearing anything.

in general, it isn't really a major concern though... the average shadowrunner doesn't even want to record anyways, so it's no big deal. those who do want to record will likely (flavorwise) be fairly purist, and won't want to wear the external module.

but there is no mechanical penalty for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012