Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a GM:
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Dumori
I'm lookign for soem one whos willing to GM one on one. In a loose sandbox game. I'm wanting to play a new free spirt or some from on
amnesiac (full or partial) or some one really out of there comfit zone. I want to really RP the wakeing up in 2072 green at least in knowlege of the world be it from wakign up in some stree docs clinic head killing and a debt need to be payed. Or a thrust fund kick who lost it all down on his luck truning to crime with what weath he got a way with. OR maybe I'm a little less hot on this idea but i might grow on me an Ex-black ops opritive who was burnt all offical link cut along with funding and every thing.

While I know DS tend to look down on amnesia as a back ground get out its the joruny i'm after.

As to GMing style I want soem one who is a bit losse on the powergaming but will make sure I RP and don't get lost in the numbers. I'm lookign foe a more sunglasses game some thing gritty and nasty. But I don't want a complete PC fuck.

So any takers??
Dumori
Bump...
Bastard
I can run you a one on one amnesia mission. I use SR3 rules and would rather rely more on RP than number crunching.

If you would like to see my other games see my current ongoing campaign: Evolution in which I gm.

Or check out an oldie where I game, then later gm: Emerald City Nights
Dumori
Expalain the SR3 ones to me please.
Bastard
See Shadowrun 3rd Edition Core Rule book.

Do you only know 4th edition rules?
Dumori
Yeah I only really own the 4th ed stuff. And a few sourcebooks I got second hand.
Bastard
They are pretty different. However, the basic story is the same. This being the case, I do not see an amnesia run being too much effected, because you will not have to worry about your character, I will. I will have you answer a bunch of questions, and build your character around that. Your character will not know who he or she is, so you will not have access to your character sheet, but through the game you will learn what your skills and talents are, based on role play results.
Edana
Are you still looking for someone to run this for you? I've got a few ideas that could work for this and have a reasonable amount of free time to run a solo amnesia campaign if you are.

Just let me know if you're interested and we can work out exact details and time frames smile.gif.

(Fair warning, I've not ever run a solo campaign before. I have done a decent amount of GM'ing before, so I think I can keep it engaging, but it would be a new experience for me.)
Dumori
Yes I'm still looking.
Edana
Well, if you'd be interested in having me run it, there's a couple things I'd need from you:

• Race, Sex, Physical Description (I would prefer sticking to the base races. If you're dead set on one of the metavariants, I'd consider it. I'm not too fond of the free spirit/surge/infected/sapients stuff though.) If you want to leave some of the description to me to cover obvious cyber or the like, that's fine. Since these things are blatantly obvious just from looking at the character, they're things that are beyond the scope of amnesia, so it makes sense to me to let you pick the obvious stuff.
  • Archetype, if you care. Or a list of archetypes you know you don't want to play. No sense in me statting up a technomancer if you hate the matrix rules wink.gif.
  • Overall power level you'd like. Do you want to barely scrape by even once you've recovered your skills, or do you want to be an unstoppable engine of destruction? (I'm guessing it'll be somewhere in the middle, just which end of the spectrum do you want to be nearer to.)
  • Any other preferences you have character-wise. While amnesia basically means I create the character, it's your time as well, so I'd prefer making something you'll find fun in the longer term.
  • Do you have any specific goals for this? Do you want a specific story type beyond trying to find your past and get by in the world? (Revenge, redemption, lost love, etc.)
  • Any questions you have for me? I'll try to answer anything you ask as quickly as I can. I generally check forums several times a day, so turnaround should be relatively quick for anything that doesn't need a lot of research.

Otherwise, I can get started on working things up. Unless there's a lot of questions I should be able to get everything together to start early next week, if not this weekend.
Dumori
I'll cover this quickly
  • Race, Sex, Physical Description (I would prefer sticking to the base races. If you're dead set on one of the metavariants, I'd consider it. I'm not too fond of the free spirit/surge/infected/sapients stuff though.) If you want to leave some of the description to me to cover obvious cyber or the like, that's fine. Since these things are blatantly obvious just from looking at the character, they're things that are beyond the scope of amnesia, so it makes sense to me to let you pick the obvious stuff.

As of now bar being male no solid prefrences. I'll give it more time though.

• Archetype, if you care. Or a list of archetypes you know you don't want to play. No sense in me statting up a technomancer if you hate the matrix rules wink.gif.

I wouldn't really want to play a full mage or a full face. And as this is PbP a combat heavy PC would be slow.

• Overall power level you'd like. Do you want to barely scrape by even once you've recovered your skills, or do you want to be an unstoppable engine of destruction? (I'm guessing it'll be somewhere in the middle, just which end of the spectrum do you want to be nearer to.)

More towards engine of destruction but still the middle ground. wobble.gif But not massively powerful and with room for personal advancement in areas as well. Talking abut above your base PC maybe. Don't be afraid to play it so I might only recover so much of my past and be ok but still know things or have audibilities I don't know of.
  • Any other preferences you have character-wise. While amnesia basically means I create the character, it's your time as well, so I'd prefer making something you'll find fun in the longer term. I like TMs and adepts and deckers. But half the reason I'm doing this is to RP out of my box.

• Do you have any specific goals for this? Do you want a specific story type beyond trying to find your past and get by in the world? (Revenge, redemption, lost love, etc.)

Not really but go for it if you think it will work. Hell the new me might not even care about some things.

• Any questions you have for me? I'll try to answer anything you ask as quickly as I can. I generally check forums several times a day, so turnaround should be relatively quick for anything that doesn't need a lot of research.

Not just yet.
Edana
That should give me enough to get the majority of the character built. Just let me know if you change your mind on anything smile.gif.

Otherwise, I'll try to get it worked on a bit tonight, but I'll probably get the bulk of it done tomorrow.
Edana
I've got the char sheet pretty much worked out at this point, assuming you're ok with being a male dwarf wink.gif. (If not, it's reasonably easy to change, I'll just have to redo a bit of physical description.) I can write up the starting post this evening if you don't have anything you'd like changed. I'll be sure to put a link to the thread in here, just in case it's not obvious which one it is.

As far as a public sheet goes, would you prefer I keep one that lists the skills/gear/etc that you know, or would you like to take care of that yourself? This will probably be something that should be in the first post or two in the IC thread for easy reference.

Do you have any formatting preferences? The posting format most games use here seems to be pretty common and fairly readable, but if you'd like to alter it somewhat, that's fine too. Since it's a solo game, we can probably keep OOC comments and the like just in spoiler tags, or if it will definitely be a longer conversation PM's should work.

For instance, stealing this from Penta's game looks decent:
[ Spoiler ]
Dumori
I think is best that the stuff I know is keept public here. Both for any lurkers we attract. Some ages do get them. And so I can carry on playing when I'm not at the same PC.
Edana
Apologies for the delay in getting this up, I got a bit distracted over the weekend, but everything should be good to go now.

Here's the threads for you:

IC: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=31571
OOC: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=31572
Bastard
Good luck to you both. I was looking forward to running this for you Dumori, but got caught up with a hellish work schedule this last month.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012