Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6 "Non-Lethal" Weapons That'll Make You Wish You Were Dead
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TheWanderingJewels
http://www.cracked.com/article_16710_non-l...-were-dead.html
Lok1 :)
Meh, the writter dosn't sound exactly crediable, I wouldn't take this as a accurate sorce of information. Still, alot of that stuff is pretty badass, don't get in an uproar over it just yet however.
(I want a fucking PHASR)
svenftw
That stuff has been on Future Weapons as well, or at least most of them have. They're legit.
TBRMInsanity
I actually like the ADS. It has all the herding effects of a water cannon but with no ammo (besides a badass power generator).
QUOTE (svenftw @ Mar 15 2010, 10:16 PM) *
That stuff has been on Future Weapons as well, or at least most of them have. They're legit.

Yes but I wouldn't take the writers opinion of just how "bad" some of these wepons are without a grain of salt.
svenftw
I'm sure if you got hit with one you would say the writer didn't do justice to the pain.
Have you?
Alot of his statments are quistionable assumtions, he draws conclusions wich he fails to present evidence to support, it is quite possible that some of these wepons could perminatly blind/harm someone, but he dosn't give us any actual evidence that confirms or refutes the possibilty.
But yah, I can think of a few of things that would hurt like hell, but so do bullets.
Sengir
QUOTE (Lok1 :) @ Mar 16 2010, 01:15 AM) *
Alot of his statments are quistionable assumtions, he draws conclusions wich he fails to present evidence to support

Uhm, it should be somewhat obbvious that the site is not an university thesis but takes things a bit more light-hearted ;)
fistandantilus4.0
I like these because most of them are a hit and you're done. Much nicer than a cloud of pepper/OC spray which takes about 20 minutes to wear off, or a bean bag gun.
nemafow
They are nasty. Nasty indeed.
MikeKozar
Page 2 has shotgun rounds being developed by Taser that "stick" to a target and "shock" them, all without wires!

Gotta be a way to get a prior arts patent claim on that, guys.
Cardul
Well.....I think he pretty much hit the Shotgun Stick n Shock dead on...you have all the joy of getting hit
by a shotgun shell(likely the equivalent of a shot-gun 'bean-bag' round) plus a taser!

Does that really sound like something pleasant?
Saint Sithney
Like a bean bag with spikes on the end. I imagine the powder load is weaker though...

BTW Loki, Cracked is a humor site. Hyperbole is to be expected, but they're not going to just made stuff up unless it's to be absurd.
Orcus Blackweather
QUOTE (Cardul @ Mar 16 2010, 01:03 AM) *
Well.....I think he pretty much hit the Shotgun Stick n Shock dead on...you have all the joy of getting hit
by a shotgun shell(likely the equivalent of a shot-gun 'bean-bag' round) plus a taser!

Does that really sound like something pleasant?

Well compare it to being hit by an expanding slug of soft metal which mushrooms as it passes through your vital organs, and I guess I will opt for the beanbag.
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Mar 16 2010, 11:12 AM) *
Like a bean bag with spikes on the end. I imagine the powder load is weaker though...

BTW Loki, Cracked is a humor site. Hyperbole is to be expected, but they're not going to just made stuff up unless it's to be absurd.

My bad, I didn't realise the context.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012