Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cybernetic Stats
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
P.A. Master
Hey, Dumpshock. Just got into Shadowrun recently and I find myself a fan of cybernetic characters, but one thing that I only loosely understand up to this point is the rules regarding cybernetic limbs and combat involving cybernetic limbs.

A few specific questions:
1) When firing a ranged weapon held in a cybernetic arm, do you use your character's Agility score or the arm's?
2) When calculating unarmed combat with cybernetic limbs, do you calculate the damage for it with the limb's strength or your character's? Also, for hitting with the melee attack, use your own agility or the limb's?

Thanks!
Longshot1650
QUOTE (Shodowrun Core 4 page 335)
When a particular limb is used for a test (such as leading
an attack with your cyberarm), use the attribute for that
limb (natural or cyber); in any other case, take the average
value of all limbs involved in the task (round down). If a task
requires the careful coordination of several limbs, use the
value of the weakest limb.

as so in all cases you would use the appropriate stat on the cyberarm for the attack test and how much damage you deal. You you used a cyber arm for something like an arm wrestiling match you would use only that arm's stats. If you had a regular leg and a cyber leg you would use the lowest of your stats or the leg's stats to jump and an average of the two to run.
Fatum
That said, some martial arts styles and maneuvers can be ruled to mostly use legs for attacks, thus using the character's basic attributes.
Otherwise, Longshot1650 is entirely correct.
Aerospider
QUOTE (Longshot1650 @ Mar 17 2010, 07:43 PM) *
as so in all cases you would use the appropriate stat on the cyberarm for the attack test and how much damage you deal. You you used a cyber arm for something like an arm wrestiling match you would use only that arm's stats. If you had a regular leg and a cyber leg you would use the lowest of your stats or the leg's stats to jump and an average of the two to run.

I reckon those leg examples are the wrong way round. Running definitely requires "careful coordination of several limbs", whilst jumping can conceivably be done using one leg more than the other.
Tech_Rat
I know I run at the speed my worse leg can take me, as opposed to my bad leg. But when jumping, I always jump off with one leg... Strange...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012