Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a street name
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
nylanfs
Okay starting with a new runner group on Thurs, and I'm trying to finish up my female troll street sam and I'm stuck on the street name. Here's some particular's about her.

Meta: Troll
Sex: Female
Qualities: Toughness, Natural Healing, SINner(5), Wanted

Born: Seattle
Ex-primary employer: Ares
Background summary: Her parents were good little wage slaves for Ares, and so she was indoctrinated at Ares schools growing up, and was "encouraged" to work up the security force ladder. Her immediate team leader was arranged to be the fall guy for some nasty in-corp fighting, and the crap fell on the rest of the team (Note: This is not Firewatch, although she did have her eye on that level eventually, she was just starting on her career path). She currently has a bounty on her head (Wanted negative quality) from said in-fighting. She also sees the danger of taking too much cyber, and attempts to counteract that with keeping in touch with her humanity (should that be metahumanity?) by painting, and generally being artistic.

Stats: Bod(9), Agi(3), Rea(4), Str(7), Cha(2), Int(3), Log(3), Will(3), Edge(4)

She's going to be the ranged support for the team, everyone else is primarily hand to hand. So any street name idea's?
AndyZ
What's her weapon of choice?
Angelone
Beef Pork Rib,
X Knight,
Caliber X,
Thrakazog,
Susan,
Big Bertha,
Apoptygma,

All I can think of for now.
kjones
Rhino.

Just came to me, I don't know why.
MatrixJargon
Tiny or Princess
Kumo
Athena?
Method
Maybe her dad was a low level weapon designer and gun nut. Named her Remington (because he wanted a boy), but she goes by "Remmy"
Dr.Rockso
Acrylic
Trouble
Artiste
Sister
Gloss

Could give some more info? Personality, preference of weapons...
IceKatze
hi hi

How about:

• Wage
• Red Paint
• Pollock

Or you could do what we do when someone can't think of a street name: call the character "noob," "fresh meat," or "mook" until they earn a street name in game.
nylanfs
QUOTE (AndyZ @ Mar 21 2010, 05:58 PM) *
What's her weapon of choice?

Std weapon is going to be SMG w/ heavy pistol's as backup The Assault Rifle as very last resort for extremely heavy runs. Since she was originally trained for Sec forces she know's the kinda crap that Assault rifles draw, but at times are needed.

Hmm, I kinda like Artiste.
Headshot_Joe
Big Mona Lisa or simply Big Mona
Pain-brush
Corpse Canvas
Happy Little Tree
Venus de Maulo
The Brush Jockey
The Skullptress
Rattle-can
Blood Stippler
The Abstractionist
Udoshi
Black Betty(Bam-ba-lam!)
Daylen
Trog Tug
Navar
Lady Gaga?
It fits.
Teulisch
personally, i tend to pick street-names from Shakespeare. you could go with Lady Macbeth, 'beth for short. 'out damn spot' takes on a funny twist when its the laser designator for a gun making the red spot.....
nylanfs
I think I'm leaning towards Artiste or Big Mona.
Whipstitch
Ma'am.
wargear
Make your character's life a bit more interesting, dual spec it.

Or rather, have it create two separate personas, with two separate street names, equipment loadouts, and MOs.

It means a lot of work separating your identities, but it gives you the option of later ditching a rep and identity that gets a little hot on the Star's most wanted list...or a rep that gets totally hosed by the frag-ups of the rest of your team.
nylanfs
Here's what I ended up using, and the background I came up with

Elisha "Artiste" Berns

[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012