Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberskulls, Strength and Agility
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
HentaiZonga
Can you get Strength and Agility mods for cyberskulls? and if so, why would you want to?
Toxic Summon
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ Mar 24 2010, 04:40 PM) *
Can you get Strength and Agility mods for cyberskulls? and if so, why would you want to?

Strength and Agility mods are always (to my knowledge) under cyberlimb upgrades. Your head isn't a limb. The only time I could see that kind of upgrade being useful is in an Escape Artist test, but your GM probably wouldn't make you roll a seperate test for your lower-stat head while the rest of your body is upgraded, unless he or she is a real dick.
Stahlseele
As per the Rules, the head does indeed count as a limb in this case.
And no, you usually only want to upgrade the body stat or simply put some armor in there.
Only time where Strength would come in handy in a head would be a head-butt. Or maybe Bite-Attack.
Only time Agility could be of help would be with cunnilingus.
Toxic Summon
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 24 2010, 05:04 PM) *
And no, you usually only want to upgrade the body stat or simply put some armor in there.
Only time where Strength would come in handy in a head would be a head-butt. Or maybe Bite-Attack.
Only time Agility could be of help would be with cunnilingus.

lmao! I have been corrected.
Stahlseele
*bows* ^^
Tanegar
Although that does rather beg the question, what kind of girl would want to be eaten out by the Terminator?

Also, possibly squickworthy, why would an Agility-augmented cyberskull help with cunnilingus but not fellatio?
Stahlseele
Would probably help with fellatio as well.
As for the girl? Look up Alien Queen in context with Shadowrun.
There's a complete cyber-fetish-scene where the more alien and obvious your cyber is, there better for you.
The Jake
By RAW, the overall strength/agility rating is the average of all the limbs.

This unfortunately includes the head and torso and yes, this has been discussed before.

- J.
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (The Jake @ Mar 24 2010, 05:02 PM) *
By RAW, the overall strength/agility rating is the average of all the limbs.

This unfortunately includes the head and torso and yes, this has been discussed before.

- J.

So it's [Left Arm + Left Leg + Right Arm + Right Leg + Torso + Head]/6?
The Jake
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ Mar 25 2010, 01:52 AM) *

That is my undertsanding, yes.

- J.
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Mar 24 2010, 08:46 PM) *
Although that does rather beg the question, what kind of girl would want to be eaten out by the Terminator?

Also, possibly squickworthy, why would an Agility-augmented cyberskull help with cunnilingus but not fellatio?

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 24 2010, 08:48 PM) *
Would probably help with fellatio as well.
As for the girl? Look up Alien Queen in context with Shadowrun.
There's a complete cyber-fetish-scene where the more alien and obvious your cyber is, there better for you.

My cousin had made a former-male-prostitute-now-runner Elf who had implanted a 1 and 1/2 ft. cock. I told him to wear velcro pants so he could easily drop them when trying to intimidate/seduce someone cyber.gif
Tanegar
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Mar 24 2010, 08:45 PM) *
My cousin had made a former-male-prostitute-now-runner Elf who had implanted a foot and a half cock. I told him to wear velcro pants so he could easily drop them when trying to intimidate/seduce someone cyber.gif

I initially interpreted that as "he had a cyberfoot and half of a cybercock."

Random expression of perversion: If I lived in 2072, I would totally frequent a bunraku parlor that specialized in augmented futanari.
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Mar 24 2010, 11:25 PM) *
I initially interpreted that as "he had a cyberfoot and half of a cybercock."

Random expression of perversion: If I lived in 2072, I would totally frequent a bunraku parlor that specialized in augmented futanari.

LOL! I edited to make it more clear.
Now, I think that only the really, really expensive bunraku parlor would have actual personel, most of them would probably use BTL's and simrig and stuff like that since it would be cheaper. Of course the really crappy would also have personel, but the kind of personel that sould have retired of this job like 30+ years ago.
The Jake
I was more partial to Riveiros' genetweaked variants. Seemed more elegant.
Coupled with some old fashion BTLs and data filters you could come up with some interesting "options"...

- J.
Eimi
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ Mar 24 2010, 05:52 PM) *

I had thought that it was [Left Arm + Left Leg + Right Arm + Right Leg + Torso + Head]/6 for full-body Body related tests, and [Left Arm + Left Leg + Right Arm + Right Leg + Torso]/5 for all other full-body tests.

Since, well, while one could argue unto absurdity the merits of having strong and flexible neck muscles, it's a bit TOO silly.
HentaiZonga
*nod* I've always felt the Cybertorso should be split into two pieces - upper (ribcage and shoulder blades) and lower (spine and pelvis) - each at 0.75 Essence. You can augment arms past +3 if you have an upper cybertorso, and you can augment legs past +3 if you have a lower cybertorso.
The Jake
Way back when - before the cybertorso - we invented the cyberspine. We're talking late SR1/early SR2 days.

All lifting requires a solid supporting spine and the body must be capable of withstanding the pressures exerted by any activity requiring tremendous torque, speed, etc. We couldn't comprehend how you could buy an unlimited level of strength augmentations for your cyberarm (yup, this was the case in SR1) and yet, not expect it to snap off the minute you tried to lift something that heavy.

It makes perfect sense to me know using these rules. Maybe not so much for the *head* but the torso definitely makes sense.

- J.
Makki
you might need agi for the oral dartgun
Stahlseele
QUOTE (The Jake @ Mar 25 2010, 07:35 AM) *
Way back when - before the cybertorso - we invented the cyberspine. We're talking late SR1/early SR2 days.

All lifting requires a solid supporting spine and the body must be capable of withstanding the pressures exerted by any activity requiring tremendous torque, speed, etc. We couldn't comprehend how you could buy an unlimited level of strength augmentations for your cyberarm (yup, this was the case in SR1) and yet, not expect it to snap off the minute you tried to lift something that heavy.

It makes perfect sense to me know using these rules. Maybe not so much for the *head* but the torso definitely makes sense.

- J.

Dude, you are OLD! *snickers* ^^
Tachi
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 25 2010, 02:38 AM) *
Dude, you are OLD! *snickers* ^^

Now, now, be nice Stahlseele. Remember, you and I will be senior citizens ourselves one day. grinbig.gif
Stahlseele
Not if i keep this up ^^
Tachi
biggrin.gif
Medicineman
6,325 Post say that he allready IS a Senior Citizen of Dumpschock wink.gif

with an Ancient Dance
Medicineman
Stahlseele
*waits for the inevitable quality>quantity*
Medicineman
Quality is for somebody else to decide....
nevertheless here's an "a", you'll need it wink.gif grinbig.gif

with an offtopic Dance
Medicineman
Umidori
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 24 2010, 05:04 PM) *
By this logic, could you potentially have five cyber skulls, one for each limb slot? You'd be popular in certain types of orgies.

~Umidori
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Umidori @ Mar 25 2010, 06:50 PM) *
By this logic, could you potentially have five cyber skulls, one for each limb slot? You'd be popular in certain types of orgies.

~Umidori

Such a Very, Very Bad Image... You should be punished for that...

Keep the Faith
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Umidori @ Mar 26 2010, 01:50 AM) *

~Umidori

Nope, only Arms and Legs can be made Modular.
OneTrikPony
for the sake of argument, exactly which muscles are augmented with increased strength and agility in the cyber skull?

Is the spine part of the skull or part of the torso?

If you have a full cyber arm does that mean you have also replaced your deltoid, pectoral, and latisimus muscles along with your clavical and scapula since they are involved in articulation of the arm?
Stahlseele
Neck Muscles.
Yes, if you have a complete Replacement-Arm, then you have a replacement-Shoulder as well usually.
OneTrikPony
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 26 2010, 10:44 AM) *
Neck Muscles.
Yes, if you have a complete Replacement-Arm, then you have a replacement-Shoulder as well usually.

Since there is no exact information in the books I'm curious why you rule that way?

Pectorals, tapezius and Latisimus muscles, clavical and scapula bones are components of the torso. Why would you cut out a quarter of the mass of the torso to replace an arm lost at the shoulder? I can see that the Deltoids might be involved when replacing an arm but not necessarily in all cases.

Are the esophagus trachea and tongue part of a cyberskull too? What about the cervical vertebra? Is it necessary to replace the neck when replacing the skull?

If all of the muscles that articulate the head and the arms are part of the Cyberskull and cyber arms, then does that mean that the only muscles that are part of the torso are the abdominals and the spinal erectors?
Stahlseele
I extrapolate this from the fact that in SR3 enhancements above level 3 cost additional essence because the structural integrity had to be extended to further parts of the torso and that you can't have a completely modular arm only a lower arm.
Skulls is anything above shoulders for me.
Arms include shoulders.
Torso is anything between shoulders and Groin.
OneTrikPony
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 26 2010, 11:34 AM) *
I extrapolate this from the fact that in SR3 enhancements above level 3 cost additional essence because the structural integrity had to be extended to further parts of the torso and that you can't have a completely modular arm only a lower arm.
Skulls is anything above shoulders for me.
Arms include shoulders.
Torso is anything between shoulders and Groin.

Hmm. My understanding of the extra essence costs of high strength limbs in SR3, and the enhancement limits in SR4 is exactly oposit. It seems to me that the reason enhancements above three cost more is because at that point it's necessary to involve muscles and bones that are part of the torso.

so everything outboard of the sternum and spine are part of the arm but you don't include the pelvis and related muscles in the cyber leg? And, even though the cyberskull is described as just a shell for the skull you include all of the bones and soft tissues of the neck?

Guess we just have diferent interpretations of anatomy. smile.gif
Stahlseele
The Torso itself is only a shell too, mind you.
But there still have to be moving parts in there.
OneTrikPony
I fully agree. For my 25000¥ the torso includes the pelvis, all of the spine and all of the muscles that originate from the torso. It doesn't make sense to me to call the neck part of the skull or the chest and back part of the arm. I'm not minimizing the importance of the core muscles of the trunk, in actions of the body but I don't think it's standard procedure when replacing limbs to do more than the limb.
Ol' Scratch
I've always had issues with the default rules for cyberlimbs. The house rule I use for conflicting limb values is taking the average of the four limbs that do the brunt of the work (legs and arms), and ignore the torso and skull. Those two "limbs" give benefits in other ways, such as increasing your maximum attribute rating for Strength with your real limbs (for the torso), or simply giving you extra armor and storage capacity. The latter of which is the real benefit that cyberlimbs provide. I also don't require attribute ratings on the skull and torso.

It just makes a lot more sense to me.
Tanegar
QUOTE (Dr. Funkenstein @ Mar 27 2010, 04:11 AM) *
I also don't require attribute ratings on the skull and torso.

You mean you can have a body with no Body? rotate.gif
knasser
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Mar 27 2010, 10:02 AM) *
You mean you can have a body with no Body? rotate.gif

*does soft shoe shuffle singing I'____ ain't got no-boooody*
Ol' Scratch
Nope. I mean the Torso and Skull gain the benefits of the averaged score from the other limbs and your natural meat stats (where applicable). They don't have independent attributes anymore than an Armor Jacket or Helmet (two examples of other shells) do.
Stahlseele
That would certainly be one way to house-rule this issue, yes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012