Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partial Invisibility
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stahlseele
For example, making only parts of a Body invisible.
Maybe the eyes. Or only leave something visible, like a Hand or something.
Anybody have an idea?
It's got no real practical purpose, it's more an idea for posing really.
Khyron
Ruthenium polymer.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Khyron @ Mar 24 2010, 05:04 PM) *
Ruthenium polymer.

That is how I would do it too...

Keep the Faith
Tanegar
I would give a bonus to Intimidation for having invisible eyeballs. You're talking and acting normally, then you pull off the mirrorshades and OH MY GOD HE'S GOT NO EYES!
Daylen
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Mar 25 2010, 01:18 AM) *
OH MY GOD HE'S GOT NO EYES!

disabled people aren't scary or intimidating! why are you so hateful of the disabled?
nezumi
Either a phantasm spell, or rheuthemiumum polymers. You can't cast a spell just on one part of the body, so you would have to cast the spell on the entire body, then limit the apparent effect.
dirkformica
QUOTE (Daylen @ Mar 24 2010, 04:28 PM) *
disabled people aren't scary or intimidating! why are you so hateful of the disabled?

Haven't seen Event Horizon, eh?
Red-ROM
you could make a spell right?

Invisible tonails spell !!
Neowulf
Cybereyes with a ruthenium polymer coating = mood eyes!
And they play a screensaver while you sleep.
Or hook feeds from camera sensors to it, and let a someone use your skull as a crystal ball (and while they're staring into your eyes, scan their retina for duplication).
Tanegar
QUOTE (Daylen @ Mar 24 2010, 07:28 PM) *

Dude, somebody who can apparently see with empty eye sockets? You wouldn't be creeped out by that? Also, what dirkformica said. RL people who have lost their eyes generally have the sockets closed up in some way - disquieting to look at, but not really scary. If you had invisible eyeballs, though, other people would basically be looking straight into the backs of your eye sockets.
Daylen
QUOTE (dirkformica @ Mar 25 2010, 02:48 AM) *
Haven't seen Event Horizon, eh?

yea it was ok kinda boring though. why?
Daylen
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Mar 25 2010, 03:20 AM) *
Dude, somebody who can apparently see with empty eye sockets? You wouldn't be creeped out by that? Also, what dirkformica said. RL people who have lost their eyes generally have the sockets closed up in some way - disquieting to look at, but not really scary. If you had invisible eyeballs, though, other people would basically be looking straight into the backs of your eye sockets.

no.
KarmaInferno
You could do it the low-tech way.

*twitch twitch*
OK, that's almost as horrible as the mouths on the fingers picture x.x
OK, so general consens seems to point into a no magic direction then.
Probably Ruthenium Polymers, yes. But that would not work with the eyes right?
Ruthenium needs image scanners to send an image to the polymers themselves.
So you would need to have image scanners inside of your eye-sockets for this.

Think Hollow Man here, when he has his Face-mask on, but Mouth and Eyes are empty.
That's what i was more or less shooting for . . Allthough the event Horizon is good too.
Not the movie, mind you. But it's still better than solaris.
FriendoftheDork
QUOTE (Daylen @ Mar 25 2010, 01:28 AM) *

Cough... Long John Silver... Neo... cough..

Disabled people can be scary if they seem to ignore their disability. Or if it happens to you.

And of course in SR 4 any disability flaws tends to give you bonus dice on Intimidation wink.gif
TheOOB
You know, if there was a guy who, in an age of technology, magic, and body alteration that seemed to have no eyes yet can see, and there was also a troll with a shotgun, I would be more afraid of the troll. And if your an eyeless troll with a shotgun, well isn't getting a bigger shotgun cheaper and more effective anyhow?

But anyways, I imagine a spell designed specifically for said purpose would work fine. A standard invisibility spell would not work(it makes you all invisible, and spells are rather limited in their use), but if you where willing to utilize arcana and 5 karma, I don't see why not.

Or you could just take your eyes out, install micro cameras and hook them up via a DNI. See through the cyber eye at the end of your cyber tail. That's creepy.
Tachi
I like the earlier Phantasm idea, cast on self and leave all but eyes alone.
nezumi
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 25 2010, 04:47 AM) *
So you would need to have image scanners inside of your eye-sockets for this.

Only if your eye sockets are somehow unusual and constantly changing compared to anyone else's eye sockets. Get a looped video of some fraggers vacuous eye sockets and port that in.
Dakka Dakka
Isn't the (Physical) mask spell exactly what you are looking for? You can change the appearance of one target, there is no restriction that it only works on the face.

(Trid) Phantasm will be a lot less useful since an Area is affected and this area can only be moved with a complex action.
nezumi
You're running of SR4. SR3 doesn't specify that. However, I suppose Mask would work too.
Dixie Flatline
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 25 2010, 01:47 AM) *
*twitch twitch*
OK, that's almost as horrible as the mouths on the fingers picture x.x

Screw that.

I present to you The Corinthian from Sandman

Nothing like having teeth for eyes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012