Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: storyline
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TEKE
so, it's quite literally been years since I was on DS. I am returning to SR, but my attention to overarching storyline seems to have stopped when the renraku arcology shutdown. So heres what I am looking for; a list of what books I should rea (and obtain as needed) to get me back into the storyline. I'm talking sourcebooks here. I would like to catch myself up to the current timeline. If there has been a list compiled for this already by anyone, especially if it started from the beginning, I would love to see it. Otherwise, any help you guys who are more up to date than I could give would be most appreciated.
kjones
Read "A History Lesson For The Reality Impaired" in SR4 if you haven't already. The big events since 2070 have been the emergence of technomancers (detailed in Emergence) and the drug wars that sprung up over Tempo (covered in Ghost Cartels).

Before 2070, I know little. Year of the Comet, I guess?
Fatum
Maybe the shuffle with Cross and Fuchi and Horizon, too.
Mantis
Crash 2.0 and the new wireless matrix. A mob war I think, unrelated to the whole Tempo thing. Winternight and their little plan to take over...I mean destroy the world. I think if you just read the History lesson in the core rules, as suggested you should be caught up on the general topics. Each one of these things got its own source book or adventure to go with it though I suppose it depends on how much detail you want.
Edit: Forgot the Tir implosion and the election of an Ork to position of a Prince in the TIr as well. And ol' what's his name, Ghost Walker, claiming Denver as his own.
Valashar
Year of the Comet (post-arcology events... SURGE, Ghostwalker, shedim, etc.)
System Failure (Deus makes his reappearance and along with Pax and the Winternight cult bring about Crash 2.0)
Shadowrun 4th edition (as mentioned above, Fastjack's 'A History Lesson for the Reality Impaired' brings it all together, particularly bridging the years between 2064 when the Crash hits and 2070 where 4th ed picks up)
Emergence (2070 appearance of Technomancers and second generation AIs)
Ghost Cartels (2071's major global events surrounding the manufacture and sale of the awakened drug Tempo... gangs rise, syndicates fall, and a Shadowtalker/Jackpointer dies)
Seattle 2072 (blended in with Seattle-centric entries are good indicators that bring one up to speed for the current day)
TEKE
this sounds like teh perfect list, exactly what I was looking for. thank you. now to catch up on reading and hopefully find a group.
Grexul
I too shall read this, we pretty much ignored SR3 since we weren't playing rpgs all that often.

Grexul

My screenname is missing an 'x'.
graywulfe
QUOTE (Valashar @ Mar 26 2010, 10:21 PM) *
...and a Shadowtalker/Jackpointer dies)

Could you give a page reference for this. I own the book and have read it but I missed this and would like to read it for myself.
JM Hardy
QUOTE (graywulfe @ Mar 29 2010, 10:22 AM) *
Could you give a page reference for this. I own the book and have read it but I missed this and would like to read it for myself.

p. 14

Jason H.
graywulfe
thanks
Nemo
QUOTE (JM Hardy @ Mar 29 2010, 04:26 PM) *
p. 14

Jason H.

Thanks
Valashar
Thanks from me, too. smile.gif Would've taken me a while to hunt down my copy and tear it from my GM's grasping clutches.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012