Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Berserk?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dumori
A lot of things can cause berserk but what dose it actually do by the rules? More specificity in respects to k-10 and combat drugs?

I've recently read a few conflicting rulings in RAW. If any one can clarify this for me.
Umidori
Berserk effects from drugs and whatnot all seem to go back to the rules for Bear Shamans.

QUOTE (SR4 @ P. 192)
Bear magicians can go berserk when wounded (taking Physical damage) in combat or if someone under their care is badly injured. Make a Willpower + Charisma Test (wound modiiers apply). The character goes berserk for 3 turns, minus 1 turn per hit; 3 or more hits avert the berserk rage entirely. A berserk magician will go after the attacker(s) without regard for her own safety. If the magician incapacitates a target before the time is up, the berserk fury dissipates.
Naturally if a drug sends you into a berserk state, you don't need to take damage first for it to take effect and you don't roll Composure to resist. However, the result is the same: you will do your best to take down the enemy without regard for safety.

~Umidori
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Umidori @ Mar 29 2010, 07:40 PM) *
Berserk effects from drugs and whatnot all seem to go back to the rules for Bear Shamans.

Naturally if a drug sends you into a berserk state, you don't need to take damage first for it to take effect and you don't roll Composure to resist. However, the result is the same: you will do your best to take down the enemy without regard for safety.

~Umidori

The problem with the Drug induced Beserk (of K10 specifically) is that EVERYONE becomes the enemy, as you are in a Permanent state of Beserk Fury... Which would really suck... Though there are drugs that will end a Beserk state if I remember correctly...

Keep the Faith
Dumori
The thing is bear shaman beserk dosent seam to cut it for k-10 seeing all your attackers as bad and rushing after foolhardly is nasty but not really k-10 worthy. The main problem here us that there are so many ruleings of berserk in the books. RCs gives +1 to all physical stats and agressiveness to friend and foe. Priorty to foes iirc. Allof them last completly diffrent lenghts and such.
Fatum
Note that all things (that I know) inducing Berserk state specifically state it's of the Bearserker variety ("see p. 192, SR4"). So no RC goodness for you.
Dumori
Meh like it really matters if I was aiming for that I'd grab that quaility any way I mean it costs -10 bp
Fatum
Well, if you like having a huge sign saying "Please GM frag me over" on your person at all times...
Dumori
Well it depends on your GM and such but that char I'm working on is a bio adept but one that uses berserk alot. Taking berserker and a advance adrenalin gland plus some K-10 XD my aim is for thsi troll ghoul to be really really nasty but completely useless out side of most combat. One the bright side he should knock him self out daily.
Fatum
Then why not the adept ability referenced in the metagenetic quality to begin with?

Also, note that your GM gets to set you on the other PCs basically whenever he feels like it, any time he considers you may be "feeling agitated". He may be a nice guy, but ne indūcas in tentatiōnem.
Dumori
Taking both gets me all the bonuses for the possibility of randomly going crazy thus I can take 1 pp of beserk as an adept with the quality and the the effects of 2pp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012