Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Goin Down to Mexico
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Artemis
How are the Shadows in Tiajuana?

I have a run scheduled, a part of an overall campaign but I cant find any info on 4th edition TJ.
As it stands I have written it as a sanitised amusement park with hints as to its seedier past, more "ooh er missus" than risque. The real stuff kept right out of sight, either by invitation only or right out of the city limits. The idea that Aztlan use it as a PR stunt to show how great it is to live there.

If anything is canon can someone direct me to it.
AngelisStorm
I don't remember reading anything about Tiajuana.

However, hasn't the border moved northwards? If so, I don't see Tiajuana being that big of a deal anymore (the only reason that I know of it being a big deal now is because it sits right across the border).
DWC
I'd imagine that San Diego has replaced TJ, since it is now the city just south of the border. At the same time, the border is probably nowhere near as open as it once was, so the tourism benefit of being a seedy border town would have to be diminished.
JM Hardy
San Diego and the Tijuana sprawl are both south of the border, in Aztlan. Universal Omnitech has a research facility in the Tijuana sprawl (Augmentation), but other than that there's not a whole lot of recent canon material. Yet.

Jason H.
fistandantilus4.0
Just go off of modern TJ, minus the smuggling. You've got enough vice there to get your fill. Then move smuggling north about twenty miles.

Oh, and avoid the TJ river. Definitely full of toxics by SR era. Probably now too. wink.gif

I do wonder who the military bases all got converted in SD though.
Method
And watch out for those donkeys...
fistandantilus4.0
I wasn't going to say it. You're a bad person. wink.gif
Demonseed Elite
I think my Aztlan SoLA draft had a bit about San Diego/Tijuana, which are basically one sprawl in Aztlan.
Artemis
Thanks for the info guys, Im trying to avoid TJ being like its present day reputation, mainly because my players are really looking forward to it being like modern day TJ.

They are going to have several days worth of terrible things happen to them on the way to their "Vacation Run in the Sun" Full of the promised land of beer and Flesh and then they get there its like a disneyworld full of "look dont touch" temptation. Im calling it the Shadowrun blueballs tour
FlakJacket
Taking a quick look at the map in the back of the BBB it would appear that after the major earthquake in 2069 Tijuana is now located on an island surrounded by the Pacific ocean.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012