Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifters and damage
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Maelwys
Admittedly, this is more of a specific type of damage question.

The recent FAQ stated that the previously unstat'd "Vulnerability (Silver)" that Shapeshifters got was indeed the Vulnerability flaw mentioned in Running Wild (I think we all pretty much expected that).

The question comes into play with regards as to how it is dealt with in regards to the Allergy shifters also have. Vulnerability states that all damage from a weapon of the correct type is increased by 2. The Allergy states that the damage is increased by 4. Shadowrun being a system where most things stacked unless it specifically says otherwise...does this mean a silver weapon is going to be +6 in terms of DV? They're both going to count?

Doesn't that seem a bit..ouch?
Jhaiisiin
Silver *is* supposed to kill shifters. IMO, this is just fine to have them stack.
nezumi
But do be aware, the FAQ is not considered canon, and oftentimes is, well, a little ridiculous. Use the FAQ at your own risk!
Emy
QUOTE (nezumi @ Apr 1 2010, 07:25 AM) *
But do be aware, the FAQ is not considered canon, and oftentimes is, well, a little ridiculous. Use the FAQ at your own risk!

Also, remember to put on a rubber before you FAQ.
Maelwys
The double whammy just seems odd to me, like they're being penalized twice for the same thing (though at the moment I can't lookup to see if any of the other races with vulnerabilities are getting hit with both penalties).
nezumi
Then just go with the highest penalty. If the gaming police come, tell them you're running an SR4R beta, and you'll fax them the 'legal authorization to subvert canon' as soon as you get your copy from CGL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012