Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shopping for non-SR3 books for an SR3 campaign
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
nezumi
Alright, I officially have a "Shadowrun shopping budget" and would like to fill out my library this summer.

I play SR3 basically exclusively (although surfing on Drivethrurpg, I'm now considering going back to SR2 nyahnyah.gif )

However, I have most of the books, and the ones I don't have I'll be able to pick up for about $40.

If I were to buy a book for SR3, that is not actually part of the SR3 line, what would you recommend?

I love SOTA style books, but I don't see any. Corp Enclaves and the Shadows of South America (or whatever it's called) both like tres cool. Street Samurai Catalog (from SR2) is also very cool and makes me miss SR2. Are there any other books which can translate easily to 3rd edition and are worth picking up?
Samoth
FYi I have nearly every book from SR-SR3 ( I have SR4 on PDFs). I have been looking to sell my collection of older stuff, so PM me if you are interested.
Thanee
No collection is complete without Shadowbeat. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Samoth
QUOTE (Thanee @ Apr 4 2010, 06:51 PM) *
No collection is complete without Shadowbeat. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

I have two copies of Shadowbeat smile.gif But no Lone Star Sourcebook frown.gif
tete
I would say it depends on your angle. I would start with the setting books like Seattle, Germany and what not then move to the adventures if you like that sorta thing and finish it up with any non equipment books. VR2, Rigger2, Grimore etc wont really help much in a 3e timeline.
Platinum
Cyberpunk Chromebooks are always nice to add some new tech into the game as are the blackhammer supplements and the hardwired sourcebook.

If you like Jury's stuff and transhumanism, you might want to look at Eclipse Phase.

There is some content for d20 Fallout and Judge Dredd which can add some nice flavour to your games as well, if you want to push more of a survival/enclave angle.

Spy craft, Top Secret and TMNT might be worth picking some ideas from.
nezumi
I had forgotten about Eclipse Phase, and Cthulhutech. It may be time for me to branch out a bit, thank you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012