Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Catalyst,Wildifre and Posthuman parting ways
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
Reposted this here thought deserved it's own topic.

It's official Posthuman,Wildfire and Catalyst parting ways. As if we needed more bad omens.

Press Release
BlueMax
This may sound cold hearted but I think this would go into general gaming. Neither company makes Shadowrun products. Yes, I understand the writers within those companies had previously written for Shadowrun. I just compartmentalize, I guess.

BlueMax
X-Kalibur
I sincerely hope that Rob and Adam are able to get things rolling with Posthuman/Eclipse Phase. I love my hardbound book and want more!
Adam
We are working on that ... the first part is, of course, formally ending our license with Catalyst. And running lots of spreadsheets to figure out the next few years. smile.gif
Grinder
Can't wait for the Gatecrashing-book!
BishopMcQ
Grinder--wait till you see Sunward. It's full of sexy. The GM Screen is frakkin awesome and has enough heft to leave a mark.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
D2F
QUOTE (Adam @ Apr 6 2010, 08:07 PM) *
We are working on that ... the first part is, of course, formally ending our license with Catalyst. And running lots of spreadsheets to figure out the next few years. smile.gif

Best of luck in your endeavours! Eclipse Phase is certainly one of the most creative RPGs to coume out in over a decade.
Grinder
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaatecrashing! ... Yeah, will pick up Sunward too. Is the GM Screen already available?
BlueMax
Hint: I buy books with Redheads on the cover.
Even if I don't know the gamesystem.

SRSLY!

/me looks over at his books.

You guys have a sale here, and information on how to make more.

BlueMax
X-Kalibur
@Adam - would you find it weird if I told you I was trying adapt Eclipse Phase rules to make a Fallout setting? >_>
Adam
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Apr 6 2010, 04:16 PM) *
Hint: I buy books with Redheads on the cover.

You will like Sunward, then!

http://eclipsephase.com/downloads/EP_iPad_...per_Sunward.jpg
Adam
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Apr 6 2010, 04:17 PM) *
@Adam - would you find it weird if I told you I was trying adapt Eclipse Phase rules to make a Fallout setting? >_>

I once listened to a gamer describe to me how he made a scale model of a japanese school for his all schoolgirls BESM game.

Breaking me ain't easy.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Adam @ Apr 6 2010, 12:18 PM) *

When you caught me at the Monterrey Bay Aquarium, you promised that this wouldn't leak out! Although I was! I should have known better than to trust my life in the hands of a Jury.

BlueMax
/me needs more covers like Ctech.
Prime Mover
Just ordered the hardcover myself, no telling how long before I see it now. ;(
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Adam @ Apr 6 2010, 03:18 PM) *

That is fucking sexy! And I don't even play the game (time issues, mostly).
Adam
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Apr 6 2010, 04:40 PM) *
Just ordered the hardcover myself, no telling how long before I see it now. ;(

From Catalyst? Posthuman will be working to transfer over all orders make to Catalyst over to us or whoever ends up publishing EP.

Hold onto your emailed/paypal/etc receipt!
JM Hardy
I should have said this before, but I wish WildFire and Posthuman Studios all the best as they keep working on their awesome games.

Jason H.
emouse
QUOTE (Adam @ Apr 6 2010, 08:18 PM) *

Have you guys considered this option? Some of those EP panoramic pics would look sweet wrapped around devices as a full skin.

http://www.gelaskins.com/

Could be a nice little extra bit of revenue and advertising, thought I don't know what sort of options GelaSkins offers in that area.
Adam
Checking in on their current rates is on the TODO list. smile.gif I am rather sad that a certain few pieces of Shadowrun art never materialized on a Gelaskin, despite my efforts ...
BishopMcQ
The Eclipse Phase GM screen is not yet for sale. There were some advance copies sent to the office for GTS. (I have one on my desk somewhere around here.) They are getting on the boat in short order. Beyond that, I'm not sure what the status is. Post Human and IMR are in negotiations and I am sure that when answers are available, there will be a post made.
Dwight
QUOTE (Adam @ Apr 6 2010, 02:34 PM) *
Checking in on their current rates is on the TODO list. smile.gif I am rather sad that a certain few pieces of Shadowrun art never materialized on a Gelaskin, despite my efforts ...

I have a game publisher friend that tried doing that for promotional purposes and found that figuring out accurate colour reproduction could be a bit tricky/spotty. Although I don't know which the skin printer they were using and don't recall all the details. I could ask if you want?
tweak
QUOTE (Adam @ Apr 6 2010, 04:07 PM) *

I live in R, Excel, and SQL on a daily basis. Good luck. I'm sure everything will work out okay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012