Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Essence Loss and Induced Dormancy.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dumori
I was wondering if when Induced Dormancy you still suffered form essence loss or not.
Machiavelli
Of course. You only "sleep", but your body still works...without air but working.^^
CeeJay
I think so too.
Although one could argue that essence loss suffered under induced dormancy will not kill the vampire but stop when essence is reduced to one. If the vampire awakens again he will immediately have to drain essence to survive.
This would be nicely in line with vampire movies and stories where vampires survived for many years lying in dormancy in their coffins until some unfortunate victims stumble across theire vault... sleepy.gif devil.gif

-CJ
Starmage21
I think they should wake up with essence 0. IE have days left on their ageless lives before needing to feed again.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Starmage21 @ Apr 12 2010, 12:13 PM) *
I think they should wake up with essence 0. IE have days left on their ageless lives before needing to feed again.

Except that Essence 0 -> Magic 0 -> Burned out -> Vampire dies.
Starmage21
Ahh true I didn't even think about that. Can non magician vampires initiate to gain magic ratings above 6?
Dumori
only if they are adpets or mystic-adepts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012