Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's try again, shall we?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Penta
Yeah.

You'd think Blood in the Water seemingly dying out of the blue (I'd be happy yo reume it, but 3 out of 12 people responded!) would have taught me not to try GMing again...

But dammit, I've got the itch to tell stories and explore in that way only GMing an RPG can let me do.

I'm not sure what story, yet....The way I see it, I've got 3 possibilities.

1. A standard SR campaign. No idea where I'd set it, yet; there are several possibilities floating in my head.

2. A merc campaign: This would be a campaign requiring possibly a larger party than normal. Beyond knowing that, my idea on this would be to recruit an AGM from among the players.

3. Cyberpirates/Cyberprivateers - Basically, trying the idea behind Blood in the Water one more time. I can use a lot of ideas from that campaign (which barely got started) all over again, with modifications, but I have no favor or disfavor towards this one. If the players want to try it, okay. If it is tried, there'd need to be a quick going-over of expectations so far as player involvement, which I think was unclearly laid out last time.
---

That said, group size:

Track 1 (a standard SR campaign): Probably 6 players. 4 minimum, 8 as a really hard maximum.

Track 2 (Mercs): This can...wow, this can go huge. My guy says 10-12, and I'd need to recruit an AGM from among the players. 8 would be a functional minimum, I think; 12 a maximum.

Track 3 (Cyberpirates): 12 players maximum. An AGM, like the mercs campaign, is almost requireed. 8 minimum, 12 maximum.

---
Penta's rules for a happy game:

Activity: GM should at least post weekly in the OOC thread, even if events move slower than that on the IC thread. Preferably more often. Players, same rules apply. PC's may be written out (according to GM's discretion, and permanence at GM's discretion) for extended inactivity with no explanatoon. Game going below set minimum group size is either on hold or dead.

Chargen: Done in coordination with the GM. Specific details depend on the campaign. Backgrounds required. Automated character generation (DamienKnight's Excel spreadsheet is popular) is virtually required.
---

The AGM:

Where I use an AGM, I have specific ideas about how the whole idea works.

I know my strengths as a GM (Story, worldbuilding) and my weaknesses (Crunch and rules). I primarily use an AGM to help me with the latter. However, it's not all rules stuff. I'll borrow the AGM's brain sometimes for story ideas, IM or email comms with an AGM is very helpful. I like to get to know the person I'm creating stories with.

In large combats, I'll often describe a general plan and work on the descriptions of responses to actions, letting the AGM apply the rules. I can handle the rules, to an extent, but it's not my strong point. I tend to run combat cinematically to compensate.
---
Theme and stuff:

It really depends on the campaign. Generally, my campaigns are neither good nor evil as a default - I let the players decide that, but I generally start players out sort of in the light. On the "pink mohawk to ice cold pro" spectrum, I lean more towards pro. I'll let you get away with cool stuff (and even give karma for it!), but it takes a lot to impress me. Organizations and entities of multiple people get run realistically by me, generally - rarely either good or evil, mostly amoral.

As a GM, I'm a big fan of character development. I come from MUSHing and MOOs as a background, as well as PBEMs. Hence, I like seeing characters grow and develop and become more fleshed out. The best characters, to me, are ones that could easily step out of your computer and come alive. Few characters reach that point, but some do.
---
Timeline:

No idea when I'd set the campaign.

So far as setting things up:

April is going to be a kinda busy month for me with the end of semester and all (actually, it all ends by May 7th, but I hope to have everything done before then...Hahaha, I know, unlikely.)

May will, I hope, be much more amenable to IC play. But April, if people want to play with me, will mostly be devoted to setup and such.

So, hoping I haven't used up all my credibility as a GM here with the way Blood in the Water turned out....Who's up for a game?
remmus
at least got a clue what rules ya gonna use? Iīm eager for a game and have a character for 3rd edition ready to kick cyborg ass and chew elven brand bubblegum.
Chance359
I'm interested.
Penta
QUOTE (remmus @ Apr 12 2010, 11:32 AM) *
at least got a clue what rules ya gonna use? Iīm eager for a game and have a character for 3rd edition ready to kick cyborg ass and chew elven brand bubblegum.

Doh, I shoulda mentioned. I typically run SR4A, as errata'd. Advanced books depend on the campaign.
BlackHat
Always interested in new games.

I think I would be most interested in idea #1 (standard game), and would encourage you to consider starting smaller rather than larger, since you seemed worried about a previous game that died. Trying to coordinate a large cast of players and a possible alternate GM sound like enough of a logistical nightmare to kill a game before it even gets off the ground (although I know some games like that have worked on DS in the past). Just a suggestion, though.
Dumori
If you do a merc game I'll AGM I ran a merc game on here it died due to a comination of my sutpidity and my life hitting me hard a few times. Other than that I'm in for all three ideas. though AGMing woudl likey exclud me from playign in 3
Belvidere
I'm very interested in both 1 and 2, though the character I've had in mind for a very long time could work in 3 as well. I'll probably end up PMing you with the details on the character concept and whatnot. Guessing play by post? I haven't read through Blood in the Water, but I probably will, just see the style.
toturi
I would like to play too. I do not mind if the GM is not as hardcore on the RAW as I am but I would like the GM (or AGM) to be at least competent on the rules. I get my RAW fix on the other side of the forums, I come here to enjoy the stories. As long the rules don't change midway, I think it will be fine.

Activity: I live on the forums. I get withdrawal symptoms if I can't log in. Any further questions?
Penta
Toturi: I pick my AGMs for rules competence.. If story is what you look for, story is what I can provide.
Belvidere
I'm unsure as to how you are going to decide on which of the three will the one run. But if you're taking votes, my vote goes for option 1. biggrin.gif
Digital Heroin
I've got a few suitable concepts for a Merc game, including a merc technomancer that's seen creation, but not play. Of course he'd have to be toned down just a wee bit, unless the power level is above standard.
Penta
I was going to take votes, yes. I'm willing to run any of the 3 - Option 3 I have the most prep-work done for (well, any prep work done for, to be honest), but I can do any of the 3.
Belvidere
QUOTE (Penta @ Apr 12 2010, 09:55 PM) *
I was going to take votes, yes. I'm willing to run any of the 3 - Option 3 I have the most prep-work done for (well, any prep work done for, to be honest), but I can do any of the 3.

If 3 works best for you, then I've got real issue with it. My vote still stands, but I'd still be plenty interested in a game no matter the setting really. Unless maybe it was in Chicago, but that's only because I have a terrifying fear of bug spirits. dead.gif And still I'd be game. Nothing like a challenge, right?
Digital Heroin
I can do cyperpirates as well, got concepts lying around to suit just about any brand of play.
Penta
Just because I have the prep-work done doesn't mean you guys don't have the authority to be like Vatican II and reject my schemata and replace them with your own.

You totally do.

A few more thoughts:

The Blood in the Water concept had numerous bumps in the road, but it's biggest flaw was activity issues. My activity, player activity.

Option 1 is a standard SR campaign in every regard.

Option 2 - would be kinda odd. I'm not sure how I'd structure a merc campaign.

Option 3 - This was never fully, properly explained by me in setting up the campaign, I think. At some point, you will be on your own. Picking your own targets, within limits, raiding/capturing them, extracting, fencing your captures, and onwards. Shore leave would be when you'd spend karma, as it's the closest there'd be to "between runs".
JDragon
Please count me in as interested.

Any of the 3 options works for me as I've not played that much SR really, so it doesn't have to be anything special to keep me interested.

As for activity, what you have outlined will not be a problem and more would be easy if I had a reason to be here. Just haven't had much reason of late after the last game I was in had to be stopped.

JD
Digital Heroin
Regarding the structure of a merc campaign, as you've stated you'd have a larger number of people, it stands that things could be run similar to a standard SR game mission-wise, save that the intel would be more straightforward (initially), the targets either more hardened, or requiring a slightly more tactical approach, and the toys bigger... that's just how I see it.

For a pirate game, a freer hand for the crew makes sense, though a narrative can always be overlaid onto it. Events controlled by you would dictate what targets would be likely, and what the consequences would be for going for tougher ones.

I'm just spitballing, as my brain is a little soft right now. I should sleep. Need to be up bloody early tomorrow. Sailing for the day. Showing off the boat. Yay.
toturi
I am alright with any of the 3 campaigns.
remmus
Iīm open for anyone too, pirate sounds fun (then again that's because I been watching the Black Lagoon anime with symbolicly follows the story of a bunch of modern day "pirates")

as for character I always wanted to try a adept, donīt know what kind but most likely gunslinger adept or spec ops adept with melee focus.
Dumori
I'd rather one or two. Yes I'm not to hot on a pirate game something must be wrong with me I love pirates.
Penta
For option 3: I'm unsure here, but I think it'll wind up more as cyberprivateers - IOW, cyberpirates, but you have a patron.

Reasons:

1. The cheapest ocean-going vessel in Arsenal is in the six-figures. Equipped properly in BitW, it easily filled-out a 500,000 nuyen "loan" I gave for common gear and stuff. There was still a good bit spent on normal gear, but the boat with trimmings was a huge proportion. It struck me then and strikes me now that no group of folks could really afford such a craft on their own.
2. While I envision the majority of the campaign being independent commerce raiding, the privateers format enables me to occasionally provide you guys with missions when you're at loose ends.
3. Because I can't be the only one whose eyes land upon the "marque and reprisal" clause in the US Constitution and goes "Oooh, shadowrunny!":)

If there are constructive objections (Not just "No", but "No, and here's how to solve reason 1 and reason 2 differently"), I'm willing to listen. Or they can just be no, if you'd actually prefer a different campaign track altogether.smile.gif
remmus
QUOTE (Penta @ Apr 13 2010, 02:46 PM) *
For option 3: I'm unsure here, but I think it'll wind up more as cyberprivateers - IOW, cyberpirates, but you have a patron.

Reasons:

1. The cheapest ocean-going vessel in Arsenal is in the six-figures. Equipped properly in BitW, it easily filled-out a 500,000 nuyen "loan" I gave for common gear and stuff. There was still a good bit spent on normal gear, but the boat with trimmings was a huge proportion. It struck me then and strikes me now that no group of folks could really afford such a craft on their own.
2. While I envision the majority of the campaign being independent commerce raiding, the privateers format enables me to occasionally provide you guys with missions when you're at loose ends.
3. Because I can't be the only one whose eyes land upon the "marque and reprisal" clause in the US Constitution and goes "Oooh, shadowrunny!":)

If there are constructive objections (Not just "No", but "No, and here's how to solve reason 1 and reason 2 differently"), I'm willing to listen. Or they can just be no, if you'd actually prefer a different campaign track altogether.smile.gif

1 & 2 can be "solved" in one stroke, simple have a mister Johnson make a deal with the team where he offers to at least sponsor with a boat for the team to use and in return until the value of the boat is payed back the team is on the Johnsonīs "leash" to be called whenever a job needs to be done (obviously the Johnson would find means of keeping the team hard on cash so he has the leverage as long as he/she can)
Penta
If you check out Blood in the Water (just the IC thread), that's basically what I did - the employer gave the team a 500k loan and crash training.

I'm still not sure whether it worked or not - when the time came for independent duties (read: Having the team work self-sufficiently) is when the campaign fell over. Which, well, induced a high feeling of "WTF?" on my end.
---

I've fleshed out the options a bit more.

Option 1 - there really isn't too much I can say, because a lot will depend on what city you guys want to start out in.
Option 2 - The way I see it, this option will look different depending on where the "home base" is decided to be, but as a general commonality will involve a lot in terms of NPC support and similar. I'm figuring the players will at least start out as a squad-level unit (so 10-12 people) but with player cooperation in fleshing out NPCs and generally accepting that things will be run more abstractly than a common campaign (even one I run, which tends to be fairly abstract so far as combat goes), can go up to a company-sized unit (Size of I-forget-how-big in US Army terms), though I will admit my fear of trying to craft a campaign with anything above a platoon. Obviously, though, actually fighting beyond the squad level will require some form of mass combat rules, given that it's really not what Shadowrun is meant to handle (who knows, maybe War! will feature a solution to the dilemma).
Option 3 - I admit my stubbornness that this is still on the table and not an option I left out. This would actually be my third go-around trying to run it. The first time died because the GM (me) had RL bite me in the ass (we'll just leave it at that) and I lost all enthusiasm for, er, anything unexpectedly. The second time I'm still not sure why it fell over. If we go with this option, hopefully the third time will be the charm. Anyway. So far as Option 3 goes, I'm still pondering the port for things to begin in, but my instinct is to have things definitely focus on the Atlantic Ocean and surrounding environs.

Issues with each option not explored previously:

All options: So you guys know, your GM is legally blind IRL - I read a computer screen and print books without adaptation, I use glasses otherwise, but my field of vision is shit, and among other things that means I don't drive, and my sense of distances and things can really, really suck. Similarly, I have some hand-eye coordination issues that mean that while I love maps, I need maps, I pray for maps...I can't create them, nor a lot of other helpful illustrations. On the other hand, I work hard at putting forth even minor NPCs in detail, and I try hard to describe things with words. Toturi, if you're looking for Missions-quality GMing, I'll admit to not being your person. I am not that. I am a newbie GM.

Option 1 issues:

A. Maps. Maps. Maps. This option depends the most (Option 3 is a runner-up or tie) on somehow getting and using maps well. By maps I especially mean floorplans.
B. Power level and expectations will need to be discussed thoroughly. True of any campaign, but especially with a "standard" SR campaign, everybody comes to the table thinking something different.
C, I run organizations realistically. Your GM has a degree in political science that I actually don't get to use much - the lessons learned are often applicable to all sorts of organizations. This can shock and confuse players used to more standard interpretations of the setting.
D. "How the hell do you know each other?" is a classic problem with any SR campaign. Options 2 and 3 there are ways around it, option 1 leaves us staring it in the face.
E. Player absences are easiest to handle in this campaign.
F. Chargen is the least restricted here.

Option 2 issues:

A. Maps are possibly the least important in this campaign; though they still matter, I can describe things in open-field combat a bit simpler without a floorplan. On the rare cases combat moves indoors, you'll find that there's a shocking degree of standardization. Please just accept it.biggrin.gif
B. Power level here will be as much an issue as in any other campaign - possibly getting worse because it'll likely tend higher, and the ordnance is heavier.
C. My bias is towards finding a PC unit leader - who does not need to be the AGM, but should equally be available, because I'll often use the unit leader to drop story hints through.
D. There are easy ways to bring new characters in. Practically impossible to account for temporary hiatuses or manners of leaving that don't involve character-death, though, at least while on missions.
E. Chargen is somewhat restricted here. I can't see technomancers doing well outside of cities, for example.

Option 3 issues:

A. Maps, floorplans - for ships they are generally unavailable, most especially for freighters. They are, however, vital.
B. The issue which killed the second go-around, I think: Players need to keep up. Keep up and contribute. Pacing will likely be pretty uneven - it'll slow to a near-stop, then suddenly there'll be hordes of posts, with little warning.
C. Same as Issue D for Option 2, but more acute: Points at which new characters can join are, as a practical matter, limited to times when the group is in dock somewhere. Plausibly accounting for player disappearances without killing off the character is difficult at best. Even pre-planned disappearances are hard.
D. Scale: Travel/transit times are longer than in the other campaigns. There's no way around it, really - the ocean is big. There's a degree to which one can fast-forward, but that loses out on the richness of RP that being cooped up in the same damn ship presents.
E. Chargen here is the most restricted - it's hard to justify why a dwarf or troll (neither of which really fit on a ship in pure physical terms) would be picked by the employer, and some archetypes (technomancers come to mind quickest) are frankly out of place.
remmus
donīt see how technomancers canīt work, it a world more heavily technological then today there is countless stuff both hackers and there supernatural cousins, the technomancer can do well both as mercs and as crew on a privateer ship.

as for races on option 3 I donīt see the issue either, dwarfs if anything work well for there small size to move about the crews ship as well as any ship there board, trolls could be troublesome but for the muscle they bring even a ships crew canīt deny a trolls usefulness.

I personally can work with any option and in my opinion any of those works, itīs all about being careful not over thinking things and be ready to stretch what makes "sense" if it allows the players to have fun and get a good story.
Penta
Trolls aboard ship have the problem of not really fitting, in a raw physical sense. Ships are generally cramped even for normal-sized humans. It gets worse when you're 9 feet tall and weigh 500 to 1000 pounds.

Dwarves fit fine, but everything - all of the controls, everything - would be placed for humans/elves/orks. They'd what, be jumping up constantly to hit buttons?

Edit: Re technomancers - I could have misread the fic, but don't they tend to freak out when away from the constant matrix signal of the mesh? Being away from said signal would be basically the default in options 2 or 3.
zzyxzs
Who needs to push buttons when you have a DNI? Not every ship duty requires matching physical proportions.
remmus
QUOTE (Penta @ Apr 13 2010, 05:29 PM) *
Edit: Re technomancers - I could have misread the fic, but don't they tend to freak out when away from the constant matrix signal of the mesh? Being away from said signal would be basically the default in options 2 or 3.

I understand it as they freak out if there is no connection at all, but then again the matrix net is suppose to be world spanning, and any merc squad and boat crew with any smarts should still connect to the net and surly there be the tech to keep that connection even when out in field/sea

QUOTE (zzyxzs @ Apr 13 2010, 05:37 PM) *
Who needs to push buttons when you have a DNI? Not every ship duty requires matching physical proportions.

yeah plus not every crew member needs to know how to drive the boat (heck ya only need 1 maybe 2 tops) you could let the dwarf be the muscle, or the boat mechanic....or the teams mage or hacker.
Penta
Gah, I can't stay away from this thread.

Stuff I've decided, this is in some cases a restatement of earlier stuff:

Okay, regardless of campaign, we'll be running SR4A rules, as amended and errata'd.

Depending on the campaign, there may (probably will) be house rules, both for initial setup and play.

What I'd like to see from here:

People have sort of said what type of campaign they want, but I thought about it this morning and realized it all gets complicated because I've kept adding in info as people have asked questions.

So now I'm gonna shut up and see if opinions have changed. Select your campaign in order of preference. I'll count the votes by adding up the first choice votes first. The losing campaign idea out of 3 is dropped, then I add in second-choice votes if there isn't some sort of blowouts. Essentially this is Alternative Vote applied.smile.gif

Note that we don't need the number of people voting to be equal to even the minimums for each choice. I can more easily recruit players once we're decided what kind of campaign we're doing.

I'll keep poking about to answer questions - but for now I'll sit back and let you guys decide.
Penta
QUOTE (remmus @ Apr 13 2010, 10:39 AM) *
I understand it as they freak out if there is no connection at all, but then again the matrix net is suppose to be world spanning, and any merc squad and boat crew with any smarts should still connect to the net and surly there be the tech to keep that connection even when out in field/sea

yeah plus not every crew member needs to know how to drive the boat (heck ya only need 1 maybe 2 tops) you could let the dwarf be the muscle, or the boat mechanic....or the teams mage or hacker.

The way I always understood TMs was that they needed a constant, always-on wireless connection - it's why dead zones freak them out.

The open ocean or the backcountry are basically gigantic wifi dead zones. You can get Matrix connections via satlink, but that's not the same as being in a wifi mesh. It just strikes me as odd to have a team member who'd be curled up in a fetal position most of the time.
---

So far as dwarves go - Not every crewmember needs to know how to drive the boat, but it's probably helpful if they can see over the console.smile.gif
Chance359
My vote goes in the the following order,
Option 1 (regular style)
Option 3 (privateers)
Option 2 (mercs)
Darquewing
I would like to get in on this if you go with Option 2. The idea of AR'ed augmented soldiers doing the dirty work that corps or countries won't spend their own troops on is just cool. Smart packs, assault rifles, heavy and special weapons, sat-uplinks, fire/air support, snipers in the trees, LAVS, etc. Cairo would be a good location for a Merc Campaign. Especially with the Desert Wars and so on. If going especially gritty, the Balkans are a place that provide the proper atmosphere even in a merc campaign.

Another interesting thing about merc campaigns is that, generally, when on missions, you're not gonna be able to rely on contacts and such as much. When things get rough, any help you recieve may not come in the form you are expecting. Likewise, things can turn bad at any moment if you aren't careful. You really have to make snap judgements on the ground about people and situations.

Foxx
I'll jump for the privateer game as my first choice, mercs as my second choice. Have a rather interesting concept I would like to try for the priveteer option with a SURGE character.
remmus
my vote is

1. Privateer

2. Merc

3. "normal"
JDragon
My Vote is as follows...

1. Option 1 (regular style)
2. Option 2 (mercs)
3. Option 3 (privateers)

Also on a side note, I do have some mapping and Photoshop skills and could assist with maps for which ever game is selected. I created a couple for my last PBP game Up from the Bottom.

Here are the links to some of them.
http://yfrog.com/83srmaphirotomoexteriorfdk5j
http://yfrog.com/0tsrmaphirotomointeriorbaj

Thanks

JD

Belvidere
My votes go as follows:

1)Option 1(Regular game)
2) Option 2 (Mercs)
3) Option 3 (Pirate/Privateer)
GrimWulf
Reg
Pirates
Mercs

Digital Heroin
I'm the odd man out, it seems, with: 2, 3, 1.

As far as technomancers and a connection to the Matrix, I've always written them as being uncomfortable when not connected to the matrix, but only truly out of it when not around technology at all. My merc got around it all with a satlink to a miltsat, through which he could also access the civilian-side matrix. He's an electronics-warfare specialist, and as long as there are comms present, he can deal. Especially if they're the enemy's and he's messing with them.

For a seagoing game I could see a technomancer forming a very close link with the ship itself, and of course satlink could help as well. Oft neglected, the good old satlink.
toturi
No, you are not. I like 2, 3, 1 too. Merc games are nice (as long as someone else does the work).

I run enough "normal" games that I prefer something else.
Penta
Okay, my quick glance at the excel sheet I'm using to tally votes...

Darquewing, are you strictly option 2, or do you have a second choice?

Something funky I'm noticing.

Option 1 and 2 should theoretically be the winner here.

However, a whole whack of people put down option 3 as their second choice, regardless of their first choice.

Which suggests something:

People aren't sure what they want, except when you drill down a bit.

I may be misreading my tabulations, which is why I'm writing this, but it sounds like there's a consensus around option 3. Even if it isn't your first choice, you'd be willing to try it, it sounds like?
Belvidere
QUOTE (Penta @ Apr 14 2010, 08:15 AM) *
I may be misreading my tabulations, which is why I'm writing this, but it sounds like there's a consensus around option 3. Even if it isn't your first choice, you'd be willing to try it, it sounds like?

Oh yeah, I'm game for any of the three, you just asked to place in ranking of most interested to least. I'd be more than game to jump on board for any game you put together.
Darquewing
Penta, yea, I was lookin' forward to a merc style game. If it doesn't go the Merc route, I won't be playin', but it's nothin' personal. I'm in a couple of other games right now, so I won't feel left out. Though you might miss me tryin' to type in a cockney accent =)
Penta
Got it, Darquewing and Belvedere.

Everyone else?
Dumori
Foxx
Privteer as my main choice, the one I prefer. The merc game if thats the way its leaning.
JDragon
All 3 work for me, I just put my preferred order.

JD
Penta
Okay, when I drop the regular campaign, merc and privateer (when looked at overall) come out fairly even on the excel sheet I'm using to tally. To the degree that I've checked my inputs a few times.

There's 1 vote separating the two, a quick glance tells me. Not really the kind of margin where I can say either side has it, given the likelihood of errors in my transcription.

So I'm going to flip a coin using random.org's coin flipper. No yen coins, sadly, so I'm going with a US $50 gold coin. Best 2 out of 3 wins. Fairest way I know how to do it.

Head is mercs, Buffalo is privateers.

Flipping on the mark at 1:43:00 PM EDT...

And it comes up heads on the first flip.

Buffalo at 1:44:00 PM.

Buffalo at 1:45:00 PM.

Privateer wins it.

For the losing party - don't despair.smile.gif If this doesn't work out, I'm likely to not do a privateer campaign again. Not for a long while, and Mercs would be my second choice.
---

Before I start up a chargen thread, we need to figure out a name for the campaign.

I've already used "Marque and Reprisal" and "Blood in the Water".

Ideas welcome, just post em here.

Next post from me will contain general GMing thoughts, then thoughts specific to a privateering campaign later on.
Penta
Okay, now for some general thoughts so far as tone, style, etc. go.
---
Tone: I start my campaigns out wobbling on the line between light and dark. Any Shadowrun campaign, regardless of premise, generally has some dark elements to it. The tone will really depend on player actions. I will admit from the start that my bias is towards a lighter (or at least gray) tone, because I find that I can get uncomfortably dark when I put my mind to it.

Style: I find myself not a fan of "pink mohawk" play. I run things cinematically at points, but I must admit that classic cyberpunk has always seemed rather dated to me in many ways.

Content: Keeping firmly within Dumpshock's TOS, but "wobbling along the line between PG-13 and R" is a good way to put it, with a list towards R. SR1-3's fake swears are lame to me; If you're going to swear, just swear, we can all handle foul language around here. Use your brain otherwise.

Power level: I start it out moderate. I've never gotten a campaign far enough along to see the power level go up from there.

NPCs: I generally try not to stat my NPCs unless I have to, and then only to the extent I have to.
---

Next post from me will be Privateer-specific notes. More specific but still general.
Xahn Borealis
1,2,3. I'd really just like to do regular but that guy who described the merc one sold it to me. Regular, if not merc for me thanks.
fazzamar
I'd be interested in getting in on this. Got a rough idea for a magic user to fit into a privateer campaign.
I'd be able to post several times a day, everyday... well almost everyday, things come up ofcourse.
Warning though, I'm brand new to SR4, but I played SR3 for a very long time.

-Fazzamar
Penta
Newbies are very welcome. Your GM is in many ways a newbie.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012