Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Overcasting in Astral
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tomothy
When you overcast while in the astral do you resist with your physical body or your astral body stat?
FriendoftheDork
Good question. I would use the physical body, after all it is it that takes the beating, not the astral form itself. Unless the astral form and the body somehow disconnects, in which case the body dies.
Rasumichin
I've always seen overcasting handled with the normal drain stats.
You do not resist it with BOD, it just does physical damage.

Otherwise, everyone would play troll mages.
Patrick the Gnome
QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Apr 16 2010, 09:13 AM) *
I've always seen overcasting handled with the normal drain stats.
You do not resist it with BOD, it just does physical damage.

Otherwise, everyone would play troll mages.

As you say. You don't resist drain with Body or any other physical stat, overcasting just makes drain deal physical damage.
FriendoftheDork
Wait what was I thinking? Of course you'd use the same drain stats as normal, for some reason my brain farted.
Starmage21
QUOTE (FriendoftheDork @ Apr 16 2010, 07:14 PM) *
Wait what was I thinking? Of course you'd use the same drain stats as normal, for some reason my brain farted.

We noticed. It smelled bad. Kind of like burning electronics.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Starmage21 @ Apr 16 2010, 07:38 PM) *
We noticed. It smelled bad. Kind of like burning electronics.

"Magic Blue Smoke" is what you were looking for. Very important stuff, though most engineers won't admit it. Magic Blue Smoke, that is.

Me: "Magic Blue Smoke is what makes electronics work."

Engineer: "What the drek are you talking about?"

Me: "I can prove it."

Engineer: "Oh, this I have to hear."

Me: "Whenever you see Magic Blue Smoke come out of a piece of electronics, it stops working. Therefore, Magic Blue Smoke must be what makes electronics work."

Engineer: *dead silence for a bit, then* "Dear God. I can't argue with the logic in that, no matter how patently ridiculous it is."
FriendoftheDork
You should be very careful about my "logic." I've had good friends go almost mad from trying to persuade me that there is no such thing as a "ground molecule" wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012