Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Improving multilevel qualities
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tanegar
When taking a positive quality with multiple levels, such as Martial Arts, how much does it cost to improve (assuming you didn't take the highest level at chargen)? Do you pay the difference between levels (10 karma to go from Martial Arts I to Martial Arts II), or the full cost of the new level (20 karma for Martial Arts II, and the original quality is simply superseded)?
Ol' Scratch
They're stepped. Martial Arts 1 is 5 BP total, 2 is 10 BP total, 3 is 15 BP total, 4 is 20 BP total. If going from 3 to 4, it's only 5 BP.

Edit: Oops, accidentally put 40 instead of 20.
Draco18s
Tanegar: I figure its the cost difference. It would be silly to pay 10, 20, 30, 40 karma for getting Martial Arts 4 post-chargen (100 karma for a 20 BP quality).

QUOTE (Dr. Funkenstein @ Apr 16 2010, 10:37 PM) *
They're stepped. Martial Arts 1 is 5 BP total, 2 is 10 BP total, 3 is 15 BP total, 4 is 40 BP total. If going from 3 to 4, it's only 5 BP.

I was unaware that you could get BP after chargen.

(Or to be less sarcastic: he wasn't asking the BP cost, but the karma cost to improve post-chargen)
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Apr 16 2010, 09:20 PM) *
I was unaware that you could get BP after chargen.

(Or to be less sarcastic: he wasn't asking the BP cost, but the karma cost to improve post-chargen)

Since the Karma cost is determined directly by the BP cost, it doesn't really matter which term you use. The rules don't spontaneously change.
TheOOB
Karma costs for qualitys after creation is 2xBP cost in karma, pretty simple, which means it would just be 10 karma a level.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012