Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dermal armor and cyberlimbs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Karoline
Okay, I just can't find it, but I know it exists. Cyberlimbs and dermal armor (Plating, sheathing, orthoskin) don't mix, but I just can't find where the rules spell it out. I'd also imagine this goes for bone lacing as well, but I once again can't find it.

SR4 page if you have it please, or just copy and paste it if you want.
Ol' Scratch
They mix just fine in SR4 as far as I know. SR3 had the rules for diminishing values/discounts.
Octopiii
Yeah, they add up normally. It's the armor per cyberlimb calculations that gets kind of wonky.
Shrike30
My understanding is that armoring a cyberlimb provides a direct bonus to your overall armor rating, similar to armoring your head (by wearing a helmet). It does NOT average out the way Stats do.
Stahlseele
This is still debated from time to time, but many people are of that opinion.
Ol' Scratch
There's nothing to really debate. The rules on that subject are quite clear. People just don't understand that "attribute" means "attribute," not "all statistics in the game." Armor is most definitely not an attribute. SR4A p. 67 explains it in detail. "There are thirteen attributes in Shadowrun, though each character has just eleven or sometimes twelve. There are four Physical attributes, four Mental attributes, and five Special attributes."

Notice they never capitalize the word 'attribute,' too.
Karoline
QUOTE (Dr. Funkenstein @ Apr 26 2010, 06:28 AM) *
There's nothing to really debate. The rules on that subject are quite clear. People just don't understand that "attribute" means "attribute," not "all statistics in the game." Armor is most definitely not an attribute. SR4A p. 67 explains it in detail. "There are thirteen attributes in Shadowrun, though each character has just eleven or sometimes twelve. There are four Physical attributes, four Mental attributes, and five Special attributes."

Yeah yeah, not interested in having that debate here.

Thanks for the answers, explains why I couldn't find it.
Ol' Scratch
It's a good thing I wasn't replying to you then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012