Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fusion
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
crizh
The only mention I can find about fusion in SR4 is a brief mention of Gaeatronics.

Am I missing something? Where can I find details on the fusion tech available in 2072 and the history of it's development?

I was thinking about using Shape[Material] to contain the plasma in a fusion reactor and wanted to find what sort of write up the subject had in SR4. Can't seem to find any info on the subject anywhere.
Megu
Bump, I'm actually wondering about this too and this is the closest thread in terms of topic I could find. In my case I'm wondering if fusion power makes the damming of the Mekong (running a SE Asia game) obsolete.
Jizmack
FUSION-FISSION HYBRID REACTOR: https://lasers.llnl.gov/about/missions/ener...he_future/life/
MJBurrage
There are fusion reactors in the lower basements of the former Renraku Arcology, but their not described in too much detail (other than to say how many it takes to run the entire arcology and provide surplus power to the Seattle grid.)
CanRay
And was also the reason that the UCAS Military was able to step in and declare Eminent Domain during the Dues thing.

Personally, I think I'd be happiest when I see Mr. Fusion powerplants in ever house. biggrin.gif I mean, they can fit one on the back of a DeLorean...
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 17 2011, 08:04 AM) *
And was also the reason that the UCAS Military was able to step in and declare Eminent Domain during the Dues thing.

Personally, I think I'd be happiest when I see Mr. Fusion powerplants in ever house. biggrin.gif I mean, they can fit one on the back of a DeLorean...

And it runs off Garbage... How useful...
CanRay
Sorry, just finished the "Back To The Future" game series from Telltale Games. Mr. Fusion plays a part in a few of the storylines.
simplexio
QUOTE (Megu @ Jul 16 2011, 01:55 AM) *
Bump, I'm actually wondering about this too and this is the closest thread in terms of topic I could find. In my case I'm wondering if fusion power makes the damming of the Mekong (running a SE Asia game) obsolete.

not really. things probably haven't changed. You still need base power and fast adjustable power generation to handle changes in network
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 17 2011, 09:25 AM) *
Sorry, just finished the "Back To The Future" game series from Telltale Games. Mr. Fusion plays a part in a few of the storylines.

No worries... It is quite entertaining actually... smile.gif
Blade
Fusion has been around in Shadowrun for quite some time. Seattle has always been described as being powered mostly by Gaeatronics' Fusion reactors.
I guess it's just tech-based, since nuclear and magic have a strange and not well known relationship.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012