Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adepts and Astral Signatures
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Drats
... Yeah, the subject line pretty much says it all. I can't find an official read on it, but perhaps I just haven't looked hard enough. I understand that the general school of thought is that they don't really have much to worry about there, but I don't see anything solid either way (and in the case of activated-use powers like Attribute Boost, I can see theoretical grounds to argue otherwise).
pbangarth
There has been some discussion of this elsewhere on DS (don't have the link at the moment), and two camps emerge, as you might expect.

I tend to agree that adept powers that need to be activated draw mana at the time of activation, and therefore leave a trace. As with all astral signatures, such a trace could be erased by anyone with astral perception, including the adept if she had that power.
Karoline
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Apr 30 2010, 02:06 PM) *
There has been some discussion of this elsewhere on DS (don't have the link at the moment), and two camps emerge, as you might expect.

I tend to agree that adept powers that need to be activated draw mana at the time of activation, and therefore leave a trace. As with all astral signatures, such a trace could be erased by anyone with astral perception, including the adept if she had that power.

I remember that thread.

I have to agree with pb. I figure that if it is an 'always on' ability (90% of them) then no astral trace is left, but if it is activated, then it will leave a trace. Kind of like how a mage won't leave a trace for sustaining a spell, but will if they cast and sustain a spell on themselves.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012