Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classic sourcebooks and classic novels released!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JM Hardy
Just thought you folks would like to know about the bevy of electronic releases we sent into the wild over the weekend. The part I'm most excited about is the launch of Catalyst's electronic publishing line, which includes versions of all four Nigel Findley Shadowrun novels. That's right--we are currently selling 2XS, Shadowplay, Lone Wolf, and House of the Sun. And if you want to save a couple bucks, you can get an Omnibus edition containing all four novels. Take a look! They're available in both Kindle and ePub versions.

The launch of this line will pave the way for brand new Shadowrun fiction coming in the near future. An electronic version of the new anthology Spells & Chrome is scheduled to be released later this month!

We've also got some classic releases to satisfy those of you looking for game related material. The critter-centric adventures of Predator and Prey are now available on Drivethrurpg.com and at the Battleshop; and take a dip in the post-Dunkelzahn-assassination chaos in Target: UCAS, also at Drivethrurpg.com and the Battleshop.
Banaticus
What's an ePub and does the book come with free alcohol?
JM Hardy
QUOTE (Banaticus @ May 3 2010, 05:33 PM) *
What's an ePub and does the book come with free alcohol?

If you're looking for electronic pub simulation, there's always the iBeer app, though due to the bizarreness of the world it's not free. Because people will pay money for that app. Huh.

ePub is an electronic book format that's in widespread use. Apple's iBooks program uses it, and there are a lot of free apps like Stanza that can use it too.

Jason H.
The Dragon Girl
There going to be any hard copy on that omnibus? I'd really like to have the thing but I hate reading books on my computer/netbook.
hermit
Will there be a sargent/gascoingne novels omnibus too?

And I sure hope you can text search them. Well, I'll see, I suppose.
MJBurrage
With respect to Predator and Prey and Target: UCAS, they descriptions end with "NOTE: This PDF is a scan of a print book."

Does this mean that they have not been OCRed ?
Dread Moores
I'm able to search mine fine, and the usual book marks are present. I'm guessing that means they were OCR'd, but simply not from the original electronic master file, but from a print copy. Presumably because the master electronic file wasn't available for one reason or another.
hermit
10 years and 2 company changes. Well, so long as I am able to extsearch, I'm happy. Is what I buy these for.

Edit:

The ebooks are of a decent quality - and text searchable. That is quite good, I have long wanted searchable Tir books. Thumbs up. Quality is also quite good, especially if compared with other scanin versions that have been around for years.
Larsine
Predator and Prey is filed under Sourcebooks. It should have been under adventures.

Lars
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012