Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where can I get a Troll figure
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
WulfSage
Hi Guy's first time poster hoping for some advice.

I've been trolling the net (no Pun intended) looking for a range of figures that would work well representing a Troll. Gotta be honest I'm struggling. Any ideas.
Robineng
Think ebay would be your best bet. Just searching for 'Shadowrun troll' gave me a few results.
Teulisch
ral partha put out a set of shadowrun miniatures back in the day, one of which was a troll (magician i beleive). it was a set of 10 figures, dunno if there was a wider range of them.

also, there were those action figures they had out at one point, not sure if they made a troll one.

what scale of troll figure are you looking for?
FenrisWolf
There were a handful of pewter troll miniatures available back in the day. I recently sold all of mine but they are available on Ebay. Do a search for "shadowrun miniature" and take a look at what is out there.
Endroren
QUOTE (FenrisWolf @ May 5 2010, 08:32 AM) *
There were a handful of pewter troll miniatures available back in the day. I recently sold all of mine but they are available on Ebay. Do a search for "shadowrun miniature" and take a look at what is out there.

In fact I did a search for "Shadowrun Troll" on ebay just now and came up with a troll ganger as the first item. They aren't cheap but they're official.
Warlordtheft
Ral Partha had made two trolls for the SR line--one was the ganger with a panther cannon. The other was a corpsec troll with a missle launcher. I think grenedier made some as well, but the Ral Partha minis were better detailed IMHO.
Ascalaphus
Check out Warhammer 40K; they might have something that resembles a sci-fi troll. Just because it says Chaos Monster on the box doesn't mean a dye job can't cure that.
Legs
Here's what I did...

I took an Ogryn (warhammer 40k) body and put the head of a Formor Fiend (Rackham Confrontation) on it...and it looks perfect. Big beefy body with a big gun and the head has horns and everything. I sanded off all the Imperial Eagles on the gun and armor.

Worked perfect.
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (WulfSage @ May 5 2010, 06:52 AM) *
Hi Guy's first time poster hoping for some advice.

I've been trolling the net (no Pun intended) looking for a range of figures that would work well representing a Troll. Gotta be honest I'm struggling. Any ideas.

You might have better luck trawling the net instead of trolling wink.gif
Sorry, had to.
MJBurrage
The Mr. Fixit figure from Hero-Clix works great as a troll in a suit.

There are a few other Clix figures that are also troll sized—including one whose name I forget that has the right body mass, and is dressed in street clothes, although the head would need a horn to look right.
NetWraith
What you could do is look up a company call Ironwind Metals http://ironwindmetals.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=15 they're made up of Ral Partha and still based in Cincy
Robineng
QUOTE (NetWraith @ May 6 2010, 01:21 AM) *
What you could do is look up a company call Ironwind Metals here they're made up of Ral Partha and still based in Cincy

I had no idea they were still making those! Will have to order there in the future. smile.gif
WulfSage
Thanks for all the great really useful reply's. That's helped out a lot.
Red_Cap
The Chronoscope line has some decent minis that fit with SR characters. I can't say if they have trolls or not, but they do have a dwarf with a minigun. Which is pure win.
Kronk2
I found this Ogrun Bokur a few years back. Makes an awesome character concept. With a few bits it can go anyway you like.
Ral Partha did a whole shadowrun line, and there were some pretty cool bits if I remember. There is a picture of a team assaulting a subway line.
PS. AT 43 has some pre painted soldiers that work well as HTR teams.Pps. And it comes with terrain pieces, like shipping crates.
NetWraith
QUOTE (Robineng @ May 5 2010, 06:33 PM) *
I had no idea they were still making those! Will have to order there in the future. smile.gif

No problem. I'm from the area and used to go for ral partha minis all the time but then I heard they went out. The good news is that they're back(kind of.) If I reemember correctly many of the artists for ral partha came back and formed Ironwind so they should have the same quality work that you'd expect.
nemafow
QUOTE (Kronk2 @ May 7 2010, 02:31 PM) *
Ral Partha did a whole shadowrun line, and there were some pretty cool bits if I remember. There is a picture of a team assaulting a subway line.
PS. AT 43 has some pre painted soldiers that work well as HTR teams.Pps. And it comes with terrain pieces, like shipping crates.

And if I remember correctly, they did some terrible miniatures as well, like the Dwarf wearing the WW1 german helmet.
Legs
I recommend the Street Violence line of minis from Wargames Foundry and the Future Wars line from Copplestone Casting. They are both full of minis that seem tailor made for Shadowrun.

And if you're looking for Dwarves with guns, check out the Grym line from Hasslefree miniatures.

Hope that helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012