Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: robotic drones and running wild swarm rules?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hobgoblin
can one use the swarm rules on mini and micro drones?

would kinda interesting if a hacker had some container of some sort that he could release a swarm of drones from.
Karoline
I'm sure you could. Isn't there... well, there isn't anything about swarm rules specifically, but the dragonfly's entry talks about how many of them are often used to swarm a target. I'm sure the swarm rules would work well for handling that.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Karoline @ May 7 2010, 06:41 PM) *
I'm sure you could. Isn't there... well, there isn't anything about swarm rules specifically, but the dragonfly's entry talks about how many of them are often used to swarm a target. I'm sure the swarm rules would work well for handling that.

The fact that Augmentation talks about bio-drone swarms would indicate that it is extremely possible...

Keep the Fiath
Banaticus
Augmentation p154-155, talks about using literal swarms of bio insects and even gives one as an example. I think there's an error in the text, though. It says:
A swarm can split up into two smaller swarms with a Body rating one lower than the parent swarm, or four swarms with a Body rating 2 lower than the parent swarm, and so on. Similarly, two swarms of the same Body can merge to form a swarm one Body point larger. For simplicity’s sake, swarms that don’t possess the same Body merge into a swarm with the lesser of the two Body values.

Just before that, it says:
A swarm can split up into two smaller swarms with a Body rating one lower than the parent swarm, or four swarms with a Body rating 2 lower than the parent swarm, and so on.

So there's a direct correlation between size and Body. Now, a ginormous Body 9 swarm comes along and merges with a titchy small Body 2 swarm and the resulting swarm should have Body 2? No, it should have Body 9.
Karoline
QUOTE (Banaticus @ May 8 2010, 02:37 AM) *
So there's a direct correlation between size and Body. Now, a ginormous Body 9 swarm comes along and merges with a titchy small Body 2 swarm and the resulting swarm should have Body 2? No, it should have Body 9.

Agreed, should have said larger, not smaller, because there is no reason for the larger swarm to shrink when it adds members.
hermit
robotic drones and running wild swarm rules?

Renraku: Arcology Shutdown.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012