Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: As a Drake Which Dragon Would You Want to Work For?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
FlakJacket
A couple of recent threads about drakes got me thinking, since dragons tend to take great interest in newly awakened drakes and attempt to obtain their service to go work for them in a number of ways if you were a drake which dragon would you want to end up working for? Since you can only have ten options I just put down the main great dragons so if you'd rather work for another great, regular dragon, or organisation like the Draco Foundation vote other and say in a post. I curious to see which will be most popular. smile.gif
Draco18s
I'm not too familiar with that entire list, but I think Hestaby would be OK.

Of course, sometimes you don't have much choice...

Lofwyr: "Work for me!"

Drake: "Um...no?"
augmentin
Ghostwalker, not because I think it's a good career choice, but because I just really want to know what's going on there...
Doc Byte
There's only one choice for a Homo Sapiens Draco Leviathanis: The Sea Dragon
Samoth
Probably Rhonabwy (sp?) the Welsh dragon, because you could listen to rockin tunes all day and get blazed on deepweed.
Rasumichin
QUOTE (Samoth @ May 11 2010, 05:41 PM) *
Probably Rhonabwy (sp?) the Welsh dragon, because you could listen to rockin tunes all day and get blazed on deepweed.

I think you mean Celedyr. Wales is kinda densely populated as far as dragons go. They have it almost as bad as the AGS.
Ol' Scratch
Perianwyr, so he could make me the head DJ at his club.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Dr. Funkenstein @ May 11 2010, 01:06 PM) *
Perianwyr, so he could make me the head DJ at his club.

I had a former drake character who already worked as a bouncer, he'd probably take that option too.
hermit
I think you mean Celedyr. Wales is kinda densely populated as far as dragons go. They have it almost as bad as the AGS.

But unlike overweight eagle land, Wales always had a thing for dragons. Look at their flag!
Ascalaphus
Lofwyr, because he at least is clear on what he wants; materialist power.

Sure, he's cold and ruthless, but so are all the great dragons. Only with Lofwyr do you have a clue on what to offer him if you want to change his mind; the rest are all too mysterious to effectively argue with.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Ascalaphus @ May 11 2010, 11:17 AM) *
Lofwyr, because he at least is clear on what he wants; materialist power.

Sure, he's cold and ruthless, but so are all the great dragons. Only with Lofwyr do you have a clue on what to offer him if you want to change his mind; the rest are all too mysterious to effectively argue with.

What makes you think that? You really think that's all Lowfyr cares about?
Patrick the Gnome
Ghostwalker. He seems to be the most interesting.
Caine Hazen
I think Arleesh would be like a ramped up Indy Jones movie every day wobble.gif
outlawpoet
Lofwyr. Because he's going to win.
Stahlseele
Perianwyr or Damon. The two fun Dragons.
Else, Masaru, the quiet one.
Doc Byte
QUOTE (hermit @ May 11 2010, 07:17 PM) *
But unlike overweight eagle land, Wales always had a thing for dragons. Look at their flag!

This flag's made for flying atop castle walls. - Great country. love.gif
Ryu
I voted for Lung. HeŽd offer the best learning opportunities I think.
Nal0n
Schwarzkopf ... I mean ... Prague + Magic ... how cool is that? wink.gif
Ryu
QUOTE (Nal0n @ May 11 2010, 10:37 PM) *
Schwarzkopf ... I mean ... Prague + Magic ... how cool is that? wink.gif

Not a bad choice either.
outlawpoet
Wow, yeah, Schwartzkopf is a great choice, I forgot about him, because UMT hasn't gotten any love this edition.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Masaru. Because he's the least powerful of the greats so I'm hoping he'd give me a little more leeway to act as I see fit.
Bob Lord of Evil
QUOTE (outlawpoet @ May 11 2010, 06:33 PM) *

Yup! Plus he is cool without the huggy feely pretentions of the late (but Great) D. biggrin.gif
Megu
Hestaby. She is moe.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Rasumichin @ May 11 2010, 06:04 PM) *

Celedyr? Nah, he's more into computers and ancient languages. Rasumichin could have meant Rhonabwy since he's apparently a lover of music and singing (makes you wonder what sort of Welsh male voice choir he'd put together) and got left the Silver Songbird in Dunkelzahn's will but it's more like they mean Perianwyr as he's the dragon that's crazy about music and got left Dunkelzahn's literal warehouse of a music collection.

QUOTE (outlawpoet @ May 11 2010, 07:33 PM) *

I don't know, for all his power he's not infallible. Hestaby managed to defeat him fairly handily in the Rite of Succession over ownership of the Jewel of Memory and connected position of Loremaster.

QUOTE (Doc Byte @ May 11 2010, 08:37 PM) *
This flag's made for flying atop castle walls. - Great country. love.gif

Well except for all the Welsh people in it. I mean, it isn't even a proper kingdom. wink.gif

For a choice I can't really decide. Lung seems like a decent way to go since I've got a general like for eastern ways of living/doing things and how eastern dragons often have some metahumans as semi-family looks good. As Caine mention Arleesh and a constant run of Indian Jones missions tracking down and recovering ancient magical artifacts that are too dangerous to leave to humanity sounds fun and it's a worthwhile task. Schwarzkopf because even if you wind up pulling teaching assistant duty every so often you've still got university life, Prague, and cheap Czech beer to keep you going although I'm sure he'd also find other things for you to do as well. Perianwyr for the music. Celedyr since I have an interest in computers and ancient civilizations plus he's located in the UK which is a bonus. Or Hestaby as she seems to be the closest to a Dunkelzahn replacement.
Minchandre
I like Aden. He supports equal treatment of all metahumanity, and aside from destroying Tehran and killing millions, he's been pretty cool with methumanity biggrin.gif
Hagga
Ryumyo. At the last second, kick him in the Dragon-Groin and steal all that power he's been borrowing to turn into a spikey blonde haired dragon
QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 11 2010, 06:15 PM) *
I had a former drake character who already worked as a bouncer, he'd probably take that option too.

As a sometimes bouncer myself, I can state that turning into a small dragon wouldn't do anything to intimidate most patrons if they've already had a few. Probably try and tug the tail.
Kronk2
What was the name of the dragon that raced the bullet train?
Kronk2
QUOTE (Samoth @ May 11 2010, 11:41 AM) *

I like your style, and you would get paid trips to Glastonbury every year. I really do miss the compulsion power being part of the Path of the Wheel Bards bag of tricks.
/You all want to buy my Album /compulsion.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Kronk2 @ May 12 2010, 07:40 AM) *
What was the name of the dragon that raced the bullet train?

I know Ryumyo was the first seen by passengers on a passing bullet train near Mount Fuji in Japan, but I don't recall offhand whether he raced the train or not so it might be another dragon.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Hagga @ May 12 2010, 01:06 AM) *
As a sometimes bouncer myself, I can state that turning into a small dragon wouldn't do anything to intimidate most patrons if they've already had a few. Probably try and tug the tail.

Oh, he didn't use his dragonfrom at his dayjob (technically he never used it at all...).
Dread Moores
None of them. Because even drakes are still crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Daddy's Little Ninja
Big D- he is going to give a lot of lee way in your actions and not care if you come in late or leave early.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Dread Moores @ May 12 2010, 09:53 AM) *
None of them. Because even drakes are still crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

To be fair, a dragon only eats another dragon's drakes.

And if you're not associated with any dragon, then each one will assume that you are.
Dr.Rockso
I'd go for Other -> None. Down with Drake slavery!
Dread Moores
QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 14 2010, 10:31 AM) *
To be fair, a dragon only eats another dragon's drakes.

And if you're not associated with any dragon, then each one will assume that you are.

And this isn't Highlander. There's always another dragon out there. So you're still crunchy and taste good with ketchup to somebody. smile.gif Since that's the case anyway, might as well be free for the little bit of time you have before being a snack.

Edit: Or don't make drakes. I couldn't because I have a completely unnecessary and irrational hatred of them, due to Mercury. Like kenders, they're about the only two things I will warn players about being heavily biased against. They're unfair associations and stereotyping, but I'll be fair enough to make them clear up front.
Draco18s
Personally I don't think that particular stereotype exists in SR, esp. not SR4. It's a carryover from Earthdawn and AFAIK none of the dragons have explicitly said that drakes are their servants.

If they really were as sought after as you imply then drakes would come with a Hunted flaw.
Minchandre
QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 14 2010, 11:19 AM) *
Personally I don't think that particular stereotype exists in SR, esp. not SR4. It's a carryover from Earthdawn and AFAIK none of the dragons have explicitly said that drakes are their servants.

If they really were as sought after as you imply then drakes would come with a Hunted flaw.

It's mentioned somewhere (RC?) that drakes do seem to be preferred by Great Dragons as servants when possible.
Ascalaphus
QUOTE (Minchandre @ May 14 2010, 08:59 PM) *
It's mentioned somewhere (RC?) that drakes do seem to be preferred by Great Dragons as servants when possible.

What makes drakes such attractive servants anyway?
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Ascalaphus @ May 14 2010, 01:41 PM) *

They are draconic, but not dragons. So, there is the relation but without the glimmer of direct competition.

I've got to say Celedyr, personally. Guy knows that language is the means through which the world is created. Also, he has the most direct experience with the power of technology. There exists the possibility that he may be the secret father of the modern Matrix..
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ May 14 2010, 03:26 PM) *
There exists the possibility that he may be the secret father of the modern Matrix..

This is exactly what we need more of in science fiction/fantasy: All powerful entities to come teach us stupid humans how to do things. God forbid humans possess any originally or inventiveness of their own. We need aliens to teach us about microwaves and microchips, we need immortal elves to guide us through history as our greatest inventors and leaders (such as DaVinci or King Richard the Lion-Hearted), and we need dragons to teach us how to create the Matrix.

Yep. Exactly what we need more of.
Stahlseele
Wait what?
No, Celery woke up AFTER the matrix was created, like the Rest of the Dragons, right?
Also, he was cought and had a datajack forcibly implanted into him, if i remember correctly . .
Angelone
Wrong dragon Celedyr wasn't the datajack dragon it was Eliohan.
Stahlseele
Aaah . . i see . . me and my bad memory concerning names <.<;,
Angelone
I happened to have the adventure book on my desk, I cheated and looked it up.
Dread Moores
QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 14 2010, 02:19 PM) *

I think you're taking a post meant in humor way too seriously. smile.gif
Banaticus
Dunkelzahn, because he's dead.
Hagga
QUOTE (Ascalaphus @ May 14 2010, 09:41 PM) *

I remember reading something saying that the Great Dragons hate the idea of turning a sentient race into slaves - so they created Drakes and enslaved them instead.
Ol' Scratch
I always got the impression that it was more of an arms race sort of thing. It only takes one great dragon to start building up an army of drake slaves to make all the other greats worried.
Hagga
QUOTE (Dr. Funkenstein @ May 15 2010, 02:22 AM) *
I always got the impression that it was more of an arms race sort of thing. It only takes one great dragon to start building up an army of drake slaves to make all the other greats worried.

Isn't that why they kicked out the Denairastas clan? Because the daddy Dragon wouldn't stop screwing around and making dragonkin elves?
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Dr. Funkenstein @ May 14 2010, 02:31 PM) *
This is exactly what we need more of in science fiction/fantasy: All powerful entities to come teach us stupid humans how to do things. God forbid humans possess any originally or inventiveness of their own. We need aliens to teach us about microwaves and microchips, we need immortal elves to guide us through history as our greatest inventors and leaders (such as DaVinci or King Richard the Lion-Hearted), and we need dragons to teach us how to create the Matrix.

Yep. Exactly what we need more of.

Noooo, the modern Matrix. Matrix 2.0.

It's more of a case of an all-powerful entity co-opting a source of power so that he can try and use if for his own ends.
His pet company, Transys Neuronet merges with Erika and and Neruonet to form NeoNET, which provides the huge majority of the wireless backbone for the new non-sim-only Matrix.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012