Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NBA star of 2073
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Samoth
Wakayambi (black elf, +1 reach), SURGE quality that adds +1 reach, Ghoul(?) variety that adds +1 reach. Throw in hydroulic jacks or great leap adept power.

Dude is 7 feet tall with ~21 foot wingspan. Can you say "dunk from three point range"?
augmentin
QUOTE (Samoth @ May 12 2010, 02:37 PM) *
Wakayambi (black elf, +1 reach), SURGE quality that adds +1 reach, Ghoul(?) variety that adds +1 reach. Throw in hydroulic jacks or great leap adept power.

Dude is 7 feet tall with ~21 foot wingspan. Can you say "dunk from three point range"?

That and no one will play with him due to fear of the ghoul apocalypse. Think Magic Johnson in 1991, but worse because you actually can turn into a ghoul by touching him...
Brazilian_Shinobi
Does the NBA allow non-human on their teams? I thought it was human/non-Awakened only league.
But if it was for a League where any metahuman may play, then yeah. I can see a lot of Trolls and Wakyambi being hired to play, specially if they are Adept (and then you can have ACTUAL NBA Jam kind of matches)
Samoth
QUOTE (augmentin @ May 12 2010, 07:13 PM) *
That and no one will play with him due to fear of the ghoul apocalypse. Think Magic Johnson in 1991, but worse because you actually can turn into a ghoul by touching him...

He'll wear a fullbody uniform with a mask (like Richard Hamilton)

Edit: He could have the infected quality that makes him not a carrier/spreader of the virus.
augmentin
QUOTE (Samoth @ May 12 2010, 02:26 PM) *
(like Richard Hamilton)

Classic! Not the Ginobli facial maxipad?
brennanhawkwood
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ May 12 2010, 02:20 PM) *
Does the NBA allow non-human on their teams? I thought it was human/non-Awakened only league.
But if it was for a League where any metahuman may play, then yeah. I can see a lot of Trolls and Wakyambi being hired to play, specially if they are Adept (and then you can have ACTUAL NBA Jam kind of matches)

I don't have access to book (Shadowbeat IIRC) right now, but my recollection is that the NBA embraced cyber at least. I think them and pro-football were the ones that used sports modified smartlinks that interfaced with the balls and had to change the playing field dimensions to handled the increased performance cybered athletes could achieve. I think it was pro-baseball that stuck the closest to a 'un-modified human-only' stance and even then their may have been some leagues/divisions that had different rules.

It's been a while since I looked at it though, so I could be remembering some GMs version of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012