Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radiation Rules
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
moosegod
I was think about sending one of my groups into Luxembourg. Are there any rules regarding what you need to wear to protect yourself?

And does SR have anything like Rad-X and RadAway?
GunnerJ
Check out Target: Wastelands for a very detailed description.
moosegod
Figured as much.

Oh, curse you, Shadowrun, and your my money taking!
Kagetenshi
It's very good at that, isn't it?
But worth every hard-earned cent...

~J
moosegod
Even when you don't have a group.

It's kind of disturbing, actually.
Czar Eggbert
Whats disturbing is that I have almost every sr2 book, including adventures, and most of the SR3 books, and I only play once a year at my local convention. Even more disturbing is I spend most of my time either lurking here or Shadowland.org.

Omaha sucks, but hey I did meet Steve Kenson here. nyahnyah.gif

-Czar Eggbert
-Wishing he still had time to game
Hecatonchires
Methinks someone played Fallout one to many times...
Req
QUOTE (Hecatonchires @ Feb 20 2004, 02:38 PM)
Methinks someone played Fallout one to many times...

Too much Fallout? What? I mean, I hear what you're saying, but I just don't understand it.
Adarael
Too much Fallout? What? I mean, I hear what you're saying, but I just don't understand it.

I think he must be speaking in some foreign or secret tongue... Because I'm an english major, and I his 'statement' can't be parsed in english. It's an impossible phrase, much like 'This sentence no verb' or 'Spaceships aren't cool', or even the lesser-known and much debated 'I don't like coffee.'

Wait.
I bet he's a Hubologist, the bastard.
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Adarael)
the lesser-known and much debated 'I don't like coffee.'

Would there be a market for large crystals of caffeine?

I expect they would be the dominant feature in a technoshaman's lodge, but I am uncertain if there is enough demand currently to justify the effort of growing and carving large caffeine crystals.
Req
Remember, you can buy caffeinated soap. It doesn't, actually, work or anything, but it's suave.
REM
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm)
QUOTE (Adarael @ Feb 20 2004, 07:03 PM)

I expect they would be the dominant feature in a technoshaman's lodge, but I am uncertain if there is enough demand currently to justify the effort of growing and carving large caffeine crystals.

hell i would buy one and lick it every morning till i was awake enough.
k1tsune
QUOTE (Adarael @ Feb 20 2004, 07:03 PM)

Oh my god. It's like Kitsune's dream come true. O_O
Herald of Verjigorm
Now I have to research the overhead neccessary to establish them, and see if I can profit on two buyers...(maybe less when the overdose effects kick in)
REM
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm @ Feb 20 2004, 08:19 PM)
Now I have to research the overhead neccessary to establish them, and see if I can profit on two buyers...(maybe less when the overdose effects kick in)

i want a caffeine crystal sculpture of a caffine molecule.

yes i realize i can no longer type my hands are moving to fast for my key board.
k1tsune

I realize entirely how toxic caffeine is. I just think it would be awesome.
Herald of Verjigorm
As long as it has the warning: "Do not allow in contact with skin, eyes, mouth, hair, or articles of clothing. Not to be taken internally or externally. Please step away from the caffeine." or some other nonsense, it may be legal...

[edited for accuracy]
k1tsune
As long as it has the warning: "Do not lick" or some other nonsense, it may be legal...

Actually... Since I've heard ShowerShock (caffeinated soap) works well, you might not even be able to handle them with bare skin. Caffeine is absorbed that way. That could be icky.
REM
QUOTE (k1tsune)
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm @ Feb 20 2004, 08:23 PM)
As long as it has the warning: "Do not lick" or some other nonsense, it may be legal...

Actually... Since I've heard ShowerShock (caffeinated soap) works well, you might not even be able to handle them with bare skin. Caffeine is absorbed that way. That could be icky.

oooh so i can pet my sculpture to wake up... intresting...
k1tsune
QUOTE (REM)
QUOTE (k1tsune @ Feb 20 2004, 08:27 PM)
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm @ Feb 20 2004, 08:23 PM)

oooh so i can pet my sculpture to wake up... intresting...

I'm going to threaten you with terrible things if you ever do something like that.
REM
do what?
play with large caffeine crystals with my hands?
Due to a lack of cappilaries in my fingers the amount getting in my blood stream would be less than average on top of the fact that the receptors in my brain that caffeine bonds to are either not there or grossly underdeveloped.
k1tsune
QUOTE (REM)
do what?
play with large caffeine crystals with my hands?
Due to a lack of cappilaries in my fingers the amount getting in my blood stream would be less than average on top of the fact that the receptors in my brain that caffeine bonds to are either not there or grossly underdeveloped.

still. might be able to make you sick.
REM
sick is irrelavent.
nothing will happen this is not fact but a statement of falsehood.
I am not stupid also a false statement. will i do such a thing probably will i ever get to most likely not.
sidartha
actually you have a large number of capillaries in your hands because of the high number of nerve endings in your fingertips

Sorry. couldn't help but point it out wink.gif
REM
QUOTE (sidartha)
actually you have a large number of capillaries in your hands because of the high number of nerve endings in your fingertips

not me. my fingers are always cold to the touch and i can barely feel much at all with them. i mean i can feel some but not much. just bareley enough for most uses. cant draw though.
Hecatonchires
How do you... nevermind, forget I said anything.

On a related note, how toxic is caffeine? Like nicotine? Worse?
k1tsune
QUOTE (Hecatonchires)
How do you... nevermind, forget I said anything.

On a related note, how toxic is caffeine? Like nicotine? Worse?

IIRC, 10g is the average lethal limit..
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Req)
Remember, you can buy caffeinated soap. It doesn't, actually, work or anything, but it's suave.

Shower Shock does work, and well. I'm quite familiar with the feeling of a caffeine rush, and you can get it that way.

Mean lethal dose is 10 grams. Typically, lethal dose is 150 mgs per kilogram of body weight.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012