Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Physical training & sensors
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
nylanfs
I was thinking at work about this.

Right now current athletes use cameras and sensors to record their movement and use that info to train and alter their movements to better their sport. Golf swings, gymnastics etc basically anything that requires precise movement.

In 2070's I would think that on the average any athlete is going to be better that any current one because they will have essentially sensors on every joint and extremity by using RFID tags and positional software running on their to track the movement of said RFID tags. Then using software to interpret the movement to the appropriate sport they'd essentially have a 2010 state of the art training facility in their hand on the commlink. And this is on top of any cyberware/bioware that they might have. (I'm discounting skillwires because they replace the skills not improve inherent skills).

Anyway I didn't really have any point just something I thought. smile.gif
Banaticus
You know that guy in the old black and white Tarzan movies who played Tarzan? Johnny Weissmuller?

"Weissmuller was one of the world's best swimmers in the 1920s, winning five Olympic gold medals and one bronze medal. He won fifty-two US National Championships and set sixty-seven world records"

Now, almost a century later, take a look at Michael Phelps (or whatever his name is). Michael Phelps is so fast, that he could climb out of the side of the pool, jump back in, climb out, jump back in, and do that the whole length of the pool and still beat Johnny Weissmuller (who was doing a butterfly stroke) to the end of the pool.

Decades of technological innovation (those full body swimsuits) and biological innovation (*cough*) and new training methods will have a pretty huge impact.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012